The insanity of Lovetown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youarenotimmune

Refugee
I'm watching this crappy bootleg video shot over a quarter of a century ago by some guy in the crowd with an outdated handheld camera, and I am literally dancing like a lunatic in my apartment. Lovetown might have had its misses, but its hits were absolutely ELECTRIFYING. It's astonishing how you can just feel the energy explode out of this piss-poor quality fan video.

God, Lovetown :drool: :heart:

U2 When Love Comes to Town Tour Dortmund Where the streets 16.DEC.1989 - YouTube

True. They spent 1987 warming up. The Lovetown shows are something special. Only criticism I have is some of them were lubriciously short. Sub 90 minutes was wrong for a band who by then had 6 albums.

Zoo TV is widely recognized as U2's best concert tour and while that may be correct, Lovetown holds a special place in my heart. Best vocals, Larry's agressive drumming, great setlists (just a little short) etc etc.

I wish I was around back then instead of playing with toys in the back garden.

What's funny -- after watching that (amazing) cut, one of the other options that came up to watch was Zoo Station from Dortmund in 1992. Those indoor arena Zoo TV shows look so tame compared to what they became with the Outdoor Broadcast...

Streets is pure goosebumps. Their ultimate live song. Seeing a whole stadium on their feet when this song begins is mesmerising. They will never top it. But that's ok because no one else will either :love:

Thanks.

It's funny that the band usually has negative comments about this tour. Listening now, it seems like whatever frustrations they had really worked for them, musically speaking. You can really hear the aggression sometimes.

To me.....the Lovetown tour sounded as tho alll the songs were slowed down and performed in big empty spaces. EVERY boot i have heard, i feel the same about. The sound laacked the vibrancy of The Joshua Tree tour....from my point of view

Back
Top Bottom