The inevitable U2 movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody, The Doors, even the Motley Crue one, but I wasn’t a die hard and only knew the stories from a distance. The only one I’ve seen where I can say I was a “die hard” was Walk the Line, and I still found it enjoyable because I was so far removed from that time and didn’t experience it myself. I think a U2 film would be different.

I think there’s a few different storylines that would make a good film, but at the end of the day it would appeal more to the “casual fan”.

The only one that breaks that rule for me, would be a Jeff Buckley movie. I know there were talks about it at one time, and the “Greetings From Tim Buckley” movie was pretty disappointing, but if done right it could make a great movie.

Not happening.
But *if then make it like Michael Hutchence recent documentary with interview/live footage. Corbijn directs.
What to cover ? Easy, 1987-1992.

Last edited:
No but seriously, I'd pay to see a sort of Elvis-style biopic, starting with a flash-forward to present day, Bono is wasted in front of the tv, eventually picking up a revolver and shooting the screen in. Then we flash back to the young and hungry years... shooting tvs, ripping bathroom sinks out of the wall...

I hate you Dave

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom