The "How Long Has it Been?" Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Registered Dude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Roughly how long has it been since you last listened to the U2 albums in their entirety, in one sitting? I find it interesting the look back.. Some of the albums I rate highest haven't been played in ages. Obviously these aren't exact time frames..

Boy: +1 year
October: 6 months
War: +2 years
UF: 8 months?
Joshua Tree: 1 year
R&H: 3 months or so
AB: a week ago
Zooropa: I think it's been just under a year
Pop: 1+ year
ATYCLB: 2-3 months
Bomb: 1-2 years
NLOTH: 6 months

Listened to NLOTH straight through a few times when it was first released, of course. So that was spring of '09.

Other than that, it's probably been upwards of three years since I've listened to any of the albums straight through, in one sitting.

The only one that might be an exception is the Joshua Tree. I think I may have given that one a full go in the car within the last few months.

I still listen to the band a decent amount, though. Just certain songs here and there.

Good, solid rock and roll band.

Roughly how long has it been since you last listened to the U2 albums in their entirety, in one sitting? I find it interesting the look back.. Some of the albums I rate highest haven't been played in ages. Obviously these aren't exact time frames..

Boy: +1 year
October: 6 months
War: +2 years
UF: 8 months?
Joshua Tree: 1 year
R&H: 3 months or so
AB: a week ago
Zooropa: I think it's been just under a year
Pop: 1+ year
ATYCLB: 2-3 months
Bomb: 1-2 years
NLOTH: 6 months

I listend to October the other day. The last time for NLOTH straight through was about a year ago. For most of the others, years.

Don't get me wrong, I listen to U2 all the time, but I really prefer the live stuff (except for TUF) and mostly listen to DVD rips and high quality bootlegs.

Boy: Approx. 3 months
October: Approx. 3 months
War: Approx. 3 months
The Unforgettable Fire: Approx. 1 month
The Joshua Tree: Approx. 3 months
Rattle and Hum: Approx. 6 or 7 months
Achtung Baby: Approx. 1 month
Zooropa: Approx. 3 months
Pop: Approx. 3 months
All That You Can't Leave Behind: Approx. 1 month
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: Approx. 7 months
No Line On the Horizon: Approx 7 months

I listened to them all (up to Pop and sans Rattle & Hum) on the drive up to Philadelphia in July for the U2 show. Got right to Wake Up Dead Man as we pulled in to the hotel. I was passed out the next day after the show on the drive back and never got around to listening to the 00s albums. I try to listen to them on drives to school or whatever. I like to give the CDs some plays instead of having them sit around and collect dust, so I give each album a listen every now and then. I've found that every time I listen to each album they all grow on me quite substantially.

I have my favorite U2 albums (Boy, War, TUF, JT, AB, Zooropa, OS1, Pop) on my mp3 player, I hit shuffle and that suits me perfectly. I haven't listened to any of the albums all the way through for over a year. The last time I listened to HTDAAB from beginning to end was 2005, I haven't revisited since and won't be again. What crap.

Last album I listened to in full was probably UF sometime after the remaster. Have barely listened to the band in the past year or two.

I have a sudden hankering for some AB/Zooropa though. Don't hate, absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

boy: july 8, 2009
october: august 1, 2010
war: august 22, 2010
the unforgettable fire: september 6, 2010
the joshua tree: february 20, 2009
rattle and hum: september 12, 2009
achtung baby: september 4, 2010
zooropa: december 12, 2008
passengers: august 12, 2011
pop: september 5, 2010
atyclb: august 4, 2008 (i'm surprised it's that recent actually, it's probably only the third time i listened to the whole album since i bought it back in 2000)
htdaab: i've never scrobbled the whole album which means i last listened to it prior to july 10, 2005.
nloth: february 18, 2009

I've definitely listened to ATYCLB, NLOTH and TUF over the last couple of months and Boy, R&H and HTDAAB this year. Other albums I practically never listen to from start to finish and it was at least a few years since I've listened to anything from October.

October remastered - last week
HTDAAB - last week (I haven't listened to this in months but really enjoyed it)
TUF remastered - last week
NLOTH fairly regularly though a little less due to over exposure
Achtung baby has always been regular at least once every couple of months
The rest of the albums 3 or 4 times per year.

boy: july 8, 2009
october: august 1, 2010
war: august 22, 2010
the unforgettable fire: september 6, 2010
the joshua tree: february 20, 2009
rattle and hum: september 12, 2009
achtung baby: september 4, 2010
zooropa: december 12, 2008
passengers: august 12, 2011
pop: september 5, 2010
atyclb: august 4, 2008 (i'm surprised it's that recent actually, it's probably only the third time i listened to the whole album since i bought it back in 2000)
htdaab: i've never scrobbled the whole album which means i last listened to it prior to july 10, 2005.
nloth: february 18, 2009

how do you know the exact dates? :huh:

I know I've listened to NLOTH, Joshua Tree, Acthung Baby, Boy and War within the past 2 years on a regular basis. Zooropa a few times right when they started to play the song Zooropa live. HTDAAB a few times in recent months. The rest I have no clue. But I have a lot of U2 mixes in the car so every so often I hear a song song off of an album I don't listen to very often and then I'll make a point to listen to it.

Back
Top Bottom