The hardest and the easiest song on guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, 'Desire' is pretty easy. 'Staring at The Sun' has the basic folk-rock chords of 10,000 other famous songs. I've never tried 'I Will Follow', but isn't it basically two notes (disregarding the middle part)?

Hardest? I don't know. I guess maybe 'Ultraviolet' is hard, and also the solo of 'The Fly'.

The First Time is pretty easy

it's really hard to reproduce the songs on the Unforgettable Fire

R&H songs are pretty easy (Desire, AIWIY, Angel of Harlem, Love Rescue Me, Van Diemen's Land, etc). Some TJT songs are easy too (RTSS, God's Country, Trip Through Your Wires...).

On the other hand, I can't play songs like "Mofo", "The fly" (specially the solo), etc.

Easiest? October

:wink:
but really, in chords? BAD... it has 2 chords almost all the time, except like 2 seconds in the whole song

People are nominating songs that are structurally easy, but with effects etc are quite hard to effectively reproduce.

All i Want is You is my tip for easiest, (and by extension The First Time).

Hardest to reproduce effectively is difficult to nominate A lot of War requires so accurate harmonic/muting and effects. Same with TUF. No U2 songs are 'difficult' the beauty in them is the thought process of creating them, not the complexity of the finger movements

Easy: One with basic chords

Hard: Bullet

I agree with this. If you play just a stripped down version of One (Am, D, F, G and then C, Am, F, C) you can actually get a pretty nice performance out of it. :drool:

Bullet is a song that, I think, only Edge can reproduce effectively.

Yeah, 'Desire' is pretty easy. 'Staring at The Sun' has the basic folk-rock chords of 10,000 other famous songs. I've never tried 'I Will Follow', but isn't it basically two notes (disregarding the middle part)?

Hardest? I don't know. I guess maybe 'Ultraviolet' is hard, and also the solo of 'The Fly'.

I Will Follow actually isn't too hard, once you get the middle section down. It's very fun to play as well.

Now that I think about it, if you're good at soloing, Until The End of the World really isn't too bad either. The main riff is really simple and the arpeggios are very easy to learn. :D

I always find myself playing the UTEOTW riff. It's awesome.

I don't think the solo of The Fly is too hard, once you get it down good. I don't have it perfect, but I can play an altered version that sounds pretty close. The Fly is so fun to play.

I always find myself playing the UTEOTW riff. It's awesome.

I don't think the solo of The Fly is too hard, once you get it down good. I don't have it perfect, but I can play an altered version that sounds pretty close. The Fly is so fun to play.

I would love to be able to play The Fly well. It's my dream U2 song to play. I got the main riff mostly down. But that's about it. Haha.

But I'm not that great at playing solos, so I gotta work on that before I can get the Fly solo down.

I would love to be able to play The Fly well. It's my dream U2 song to play. I got the main riff mostly down. But that's about it. Haha.

But I'm not that great at playing solos, so I gotta work on that before I can get the Fly solo down.
The main riff is very simple. I'm not great at soloing, either, but it just takes practice.

Streets is a hard song to get to sound right, with all the different strumming patterns.

The main riff is very simple. I'm not great at soloing, either, but it just takes practice.

Streets is a hard song to get to sound right, with all the different strumming patterns.

How do you play the main riff? Just curious.

How do you play the main riff? Just curious.
e----------------------------------------------
B----------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------
D----------------------------------------------
A------7-7-x-7-7-7-5----7-7-x-7-7-7-5
E ---0------------------0----------------------

It's what Edge does, as far as I know.

e----------------------------------------------
B----------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------
D----------------------------------------------
A------7-7-x-7-7-7-5----7-7-x-7-7-7-5
E ---0------------------0----------------------

It's what Edge does, as far as I know.

Ah, sweet. That's what I do as well

I'm talking about Bono's parts :wink:
If we're talking about Bono's parts, it pretty much goes like this for every song:
- caress the body of the guitar while singing the first couple of verses
- do some random, hyper-fast strumming of no more than two chords at various vocal-less points in the song
* - don't forget to unplug the guitar beforehand

easiest/basic chords: All I Want is You
3 chords - slow tempo, it doesn't get any easier.
Now the delay on the electric - to play the full blown version - is tougher but for basic chord version that's about as easy as it gets.

At least other songs have a faster tempo. And this is usually the answer to the question from a beginner: what song should I learn first. I'd be hard pressed to suggest a better starting point.

Remarkably, most of the more recent stuff is easy to play as well. I could play all of Vertigo after the 2nd or 3rd time I heard it. But a beginner would have trouble with the tempo. However, if you can use power chords or barre chords, that song is simple as shit.

hardest: Wire
I can play them all - pretty much, including a version of Mofo. But Wire, for some reason, is probably the toughest for me to play. Edge is such a master of the delay and he used harmonics so wonderfully back then, I just can't ever quite get that song right.

Comparatively, Bullet isn't that hard, for me because I grew up playing metal and shit like that. And I would suspect, that if you asked most seasoned guitarists that have played a lot of Zeppelin and in that sort of vein, that the songs like Wire would be the toughest because of the delay, not just the setting but literally Edge's style of picking, harmonics etc.

I'm by no means a real guitar player at all but I've been learning.

It's my understanding that Red Hill Mining Town is an easy set of two or three triads.

Bad is really easy I guess... if your timing is good with the delay. Dunno, don't have a delay unit, only been able to play Bad once with delay. Sunday Bloody Sunday is relatively straight forward. Crumbs From Your Table is really easy (I've heard).

As for Staring at the Sun... if I could shuffle quicker between chords that'd be one of the simplest.

As for hard songs... I wouldn't know.

I have actually found In God's Country to be a piece of cake (Edge's guitar parts). The only trouble I've had is in the sound, the overdrive more so.

Wire is a really tough one for sure. I've been stumped on Ultraviolet just because of how strange those chords are the way that I play it.

As are all of your angry, bitter posts.

Stoifle yuhself, numbers.

archie_bunker_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom