The greatest performance....of ANY song....by ANY band....EVER!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there was a GREAT medley during the elevation tour (2001-07-12, Cologne, Germany) in which they sang Desire, Hawkmoon & Running to Stand Still (even though the entire performance was with Desire's basic strumming, i'm not calling the latter two mere snippets becuz.....well, u'll understand when you hear it :))

get the boot from U2start.com, or if you just want this performance gimme your email address and i'll send it to u

Wow, I would be really glad if you could send me only this one.
vz91chvrr@gmail.com
Thanks in advance! :applaud:

Bad-40-Psalm 116-Streets from elevation tour.

Bad+Streets, the world's best band, with their two best songs running together. Nothing they ever do will top that for me.

Ultraviolet from Washington is definitely up there. As for other acts Queen's rendition of A Kind Of Magic at Leiden, 1986 was very special.

WOW....Am quite amazed. IMHO....of the official releases of BAD tat are available, i find this performance to be the weakest, by some margin. Rattle and Hum version is the ultimate, with WAIA version in second place.

i agree that r&h is better as a stand alone performance, but this bad with the transition to streets makes it an incredible performance.

WOW....Am quite amazed. IMHO....of the official releases of BAD tat are available, i find this performance to be the weakest, by some margin. Rattle and Hum version is the ultimate, with WAIA version in second place.

Sure, vocally it isn't the best performance, but I think it's the most emotional, passionate performance of the song that I know of. Of course, the fact that the Boston DVD is my favorite DVD release and the Elevation Tour is my favorite tour sways my opinion :wink:

some personal favs

1.u2 bad -live aid
2.hendrix-star bangled banner from woodstock
3.ozzy osbourne- paranoid from live and loud album
4.hall n oates - adult education from 1985 live album
5.neil diamond-Soolaimon" / "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show" from hot august night 1
6.red hot chili peppers- can't stop from live slane dvd
7.david bowie- space oddity from 1997 birthday show
8.page/plant kashimer - live show from the 1995 tour
9.chemical brothers - The Private Psychedelic Reel" from woodstock 99
10.nine inch nails - mr self destruct woodstock 94
11.leon russel- jumpin jack flash from concert for bangldash
12.led zeppelin- dazed and confused from movie of same name
13.all apalogys- nirvna unplugged
14.rockin in the free world- pearl jam/neil young from mtv mid 90's
15.the doors- soul kitchen live from live album 1970
16.metallica- the thing that should not be from s&m
17.fear factory- replica live from ozzfest 1996
18.ac/dc- money talks from live 90-91
19.iron maiden- fear of the dark from live one
20.sex pistols- holidays in the sun from live 1996

that's diverse,lol

U2 - 'Bad', Live Aid 1985. End of story. One of their best songs, best songs of the century, and the coming out party to the world of the band that would plant their white flag as the biggest act there is.

pride, live aid

along with

elevation, snl
elevation, irving
11 oclock, irving
uteotw, zoo dublin
i will follow, boston dvd
anything point depot
last night on earth, mexico
BD, slane
two hearts, red rocks
bad/first time...

goes on forever

I think Bad at Live Aid is a great performance, but the Wide Awake in America is a little bit better. All I WAnt is You/Where the Streets Have No Name during the Elevation Tour is a close second.

Back
Top Bottom