The Great Gatsby featuring Love is Blindness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May I please correct this totally silly thing that bugs me?

It's not "fucken" it's fuckin'. Because it's short for fucking, hence just dropping the g. You don't change the other letters.

Thank you - I really had to get that out of my system.

oh yeah i saw that on the morning news today! i wondered who it was singing - i'd forgotten about Jack White's version ha

It's not "fucken" it's fuckin'. Because it's short for fucking, hence just dropping the g. You don't change the other letters.

It's also "fuhgeddaboudit", not "faggedaboutit", which sounds... unfortunate.

corianderstem said:

I know this. My misspellings are almost always intentional.

it looks amazing, and the song sounds amazing.

i fear Baz will ruin everything with incoherent storytelling. but it looks amazing.

it looks amazing, and the song sounds amazing.

i fear Baz will ruin everything with incoherent storytelling. but it looks amazing.

oh man i didn't realise it was Baz Lurhman (sp.?) - i LOVE him!

(ps- i don't find his storytelling incoherent but do agree he's a love/hate kind of guy haha :D)

I'll see anything with Leo in it, and I loved Moulin Rouge

Don't know if LIB is in the actual movie, but it definitely sounds like a better choice for that movie than the U2 version.

Australia was the most beautiful movie i've ever hated.

The only thing I remember about that movie was Hugh Jackman's slow-mo bathing scene.

.... it was in slo-mo, right? Or is that just in my brain as I happily replay it?

I really don't have any desire to see these Gatsby shenanigans.

ha i can't remember that bit!

my fave Baz Luhrmann film is Strictly Ballroom, followed by Romeo and Juliet, then Moulin Rouge, and Australia

i remember when i went to see Moulin Rouge at the cinema - literally half the audience got up and walked out in the first 5 minutes LOL

i really do love his films... i don't see it as "over-acting", more "stylised" really... and i think he always picks amazing soundtracks for his films too...

Back
Top Bottom