The Edge in a new movie - It Might Get Loud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It DID Get Loud!

Both Jack and Jimmy were very cool. Movie's great. Good fun. Some humour in there. Good to see all three play each others songs together.

All three play "Dead Leaves and Dirty Ground" (White Stripes ). "In My Time Of Dying" (Led Zeppelin) and "I Will Follow" (U2).

Good work on the film. Nice how the film goes back and forth between the 3 guitarist, their influences, their gear (to some extent- no trade secrets here) and the (3) of them playing together.

Interesting bits of Edge writing "Get On Your Boots". There are a few times they show him working on it and he was playing the `66 Gibson Sg (Heritage Red). In another bit where he's working on it, he's playing a Gretsch Country Gent. SO both or none of those might be on the final mix on the album/single.

More? Don't want to ruin it for you. Release is in August and you should go see it for sure.

:up::up::up::up::up:

Really enjoyed it. Even better that Jimmy & Jack were there! Loved the parts when they'd all jam together. The awestruck look on Jack and Edge's face when they were gathered / playing together :drool:

Funny how before the show everyone kept looking towards the center section & the reserved rows of seats waiting for someone famous. We were up in the balcony, and apparently Jimmy was sitting right below us (we could see his legs, and the back of his head if he sat forward enough). He was a row behind Jane Seymour. Others spotted the director's wife (Elizabeth Shue), but we didn't see her.

A pic from my crap cell phone. Jimmy and Jack are in the middlie.

0619092105.jpg

I will see if I can find some better pics from friends that were there.

^ :up: I really really really want to see this movie! Does anyone know if/when it's coming to the Chicagoland area? I don't remember if I've seen that anywhere.

I just got home from the second LA screening. I think there was a huge smile on my face the whole movie. Wow, just awesome. My respect for all three musicians went way up. The tone of those guitars sounded so mesmerizingly sweet on the big speakers. See this movie if you can.

Back
Top Bottom