The Edge: Captive Soundtrack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Yesterday, a thing occured to me: I have never listened to Edge's solo album. This was prompted by atu2's article about it. How I've been a U2 fan since 1995 and never heard this is beyond me. But anyway, I'm slowly piecing together the tracks as I can find them on youtube and other sources, and I must say most of it is pretty damned beautiful. It's like what would happen if U2 released an entire album of songs like "Yoshino Blossom" and "Bass Trap". Just shows how much Edge really did contribute to the UF era.

I figured we could discuss this, instead of rehashing rumors about a new album(s)that has more band-spoken bullshit surrounding it than any other album in U2 history.

I bought the record a couple of months ago for something like $4, but I haven't listened to it yet. Waiting for a rain day so I can be inside to enjoy it. With the recent mentions, though, I'm excited to hear it.

Bass Trap is my zen meditation song- I love it.

If you haven't heard Rowena's Theme, you haven't heard one of the better songs U2 or its members are responsible for. It's really far up there for me, and Heroine is good too.

Tell us about, Darkness boy.

What do you want to know about it? I have that one already for quite some time. :wink:
He made a good choice leaving out that stuff that was later released as outtakes. Yes, that includes The Promise.

I wholeheartedly second the praise of Rowena's Theme. Captive is essential just for that track. Once upon a time, I probably listened to it on repeat for ages.

Sorry for awakening this long-dormant thread, but I had not listened to this album for ages, and, when I went back to it it just struck me that Heroine is quite similar to "Rise up" from the Joshua Tree outtakes. Given that the Captive soundtrack was released just one year before the Joshua Tree and that "Rise up" is reported to be a track from the early JT sessions, I suppose it's just about possible that it may have evolved from "Rise up"

Back
Top Bottom