The best U2 song ever written is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me, it might be Lemon...... It's one of those rare u2 songs where I love all the lyrics.

And it's a bit trippy, heartfelt and little ambient

Others:

Heartland
Running to Stand Still
The Unforgettable Fire
Walk to the Water
All I Want is You
Cedars of Lebannon

Running To Stand Still is the most perfect U2 song ever recorded.

And the ZOOTV live version is one of their best live performances. Love those Hallelujahs.

Runners up:

Deep In The Heart
Lemon
A Sort Of Homecoming
So Cruel
Hawkmoon
Red Hill Mining Town
Wake Up Dead Man
...........GRACE (yea, i said it, most underappreciated song)

Running to Stand Still is probably their most beautiful and perfect song but its so subjective to tastes. Strange thing is it doesn't include the powerful Edge guitar that keeps me interested in this band for so many years. That probably says alot about how good these guys are and can be.

This is a loaded question that can be answered many ways.
Looking at this as objectively as I can and taking emotion out of it, I would say Streets.
The band have said live is where they live, and this song has had the most impact at every show, every time it's played even after all these years.:heart:

On an impact level for representing change in the world via social activism through music, I would say ONE because it goes hand in hand with the ONE Campaign.

My personal favorite which changes all the time : Electrical Storm.

Runs to update profile....:lol:

Songs like With or Without You and One have beautiful lyrics but I can't say (in my opinion) they are the best U2 songs ever written. Even a song like Where the Streets Have No Name...I've never liked the studio version, but when it's done live it's always amazing. For me it would have to be either Tomorrow or One Tree Hill.

Back
Top Bottom