the best moment of the 360 tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say a different song from the same night, Mark. One Tree Hill was cool, but when it started raining for the last minute or two of Streets, I was just mesmerized by the moment.

Remember, it was a HOT day in Chicago, and many of the GA had been standing or sitting on their asses for many, many hours. So when God brought a little relief that night, during the climax of that song, it was incredible. I've never heard Soldier Field to be that loud. So much energy in the air. And it only rained for the last two minutes of that song.

Now if it had rained during One Tree Hill......that would have been nuts to the extreme.

'Raaaaaaaaainin' in your heart'

Can I just submit that entire Chicago show? Sure, I know it was my first show ever, but the entire experience (broiling on the floor until sundown, outer rail, One Tree Hill, and the rain during Streets) was unbelievably awesome.

Originally Posted by Nick66
Best moment was when Larry sought me out after the Gelsenkirchen show and thanked me for saving his life in 1981.

Wait,......what?

Yeah. I was walking along the Grand Canal Docks in Dublin when I spied a group of street toughs doing a beat down on this skinny kid. I jumped in to help out, and together we fought the hooligans off. Kid thanked me and took off running, saying he was "late for a shoot." This being Dublin in 1981, I thought he meant shooting up heroin, but I found out later it was Larry Mullen, and he was on his way to the photo shoot for the October album cover that very day.

Anyway, if you look at his photo on the cover you can see the bruise under Larry's eye where one of the miscreants landed a right hook. True story.

So yeah, so you could say Mullen Jr. owes me.

I saved Bono once.

There was this one night back in 2009 where Bono was seriously considering releasing some work with the Black Eyed Peas and will.i.am but I talked him out of it at the last minute.

I guess you could say the Bonster owes me one.

129_795_500x500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom