The Annhilation Tour???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Axver was producer, I want to be album cover/sleeve designer! :hyper: It can be made out of extra-flammable substances in honor of The Edge and Venus' generally high temperatures.

LemonMelon said:
If Axver was producer, I want to be album cover/sleeve designer! :hyper: It can be made out of extra-flammable substances in honor of The Edge and Venus' generally high temperatures.

You're hired.

You're also hired to do the music videos.

LemonMelon said:

So do it. I made a shit standin for the tour logo and uploaded it as "official promotional material" but I will not be offended if you replace it. You are undoubtedly a funnier graphic designer than I am.

This is my serious attempt at a badass album cover:

u2blindnessjy3.jpg

I'll try something hilarious tomorrow.

28. Red Light / Red Hill Mining Town (snippet) / Heartland (snippet) / The Three Sunrises (snippet) / Promenade (snippet) / Acrobat (snippet) / Electrical Storm (snippet)

They are such teases.

Last edited:
When Edge signed me to produce Blindness, he said the next one might actually be the Best Of 2011-10 (2009).

Axver said:
When Edge signed me to produce Blindness, he said the next one might actually be the Best Of 2011-10 (2009).

Oooh! Are they finally going to acknowledge the hard core fans by releasing an in-progress demo of the next album?

coolian2 said:
Shit oh dear these serious Wikipedia guys are slow.

I'm a serious Wikipedia guy (at least half of the Kiwi railway stuff is my work), but ... I'm just too amused to put this up for deletion.

Varitek said:
Oooh! Are they finally going to acknowledge the hard core fans by releasing an in-progress demo of the next album?

Don't get your hopes up. Bono's just talking about re-recording Vertigo fifteen times with different "yeah" and "kneel" counts. For example, Vertigo (Now With Even More Kneeling! Mix).

coolian2 said:
Shit oh dear these serious Wikipedia guys are slow.

I hope everything is being saved for Interference posterity.

I've been scrapbooking various versions for when they finally deleteit. (scrapbook=wonderful firefox extension)

coolian2 said:
I'm half serious, but the hard out anti-vandalism squad must be on holiday

Yeah, this is unbelievable. I see it got prodded in its early stages, but the initial editor simply took the prod notice down again and it's been left to do its thing.

I've had a very hard time resisting editing this myself.

By the way, who are you there? I think I know most of the major editors of New Zealand articles ...

Axver said:

I'm a serious Wikipedia guy (at least half of the Kiwi railway stuff is my work), but ... I'm just too amused to put this up for deletion.

I am waiting for you to finalize the setlist, which has just been in flux a bit too much, by posting it to u2-vertigo-tour.com!

Axver said:

Yeah, this is unbelievable. I see it got prodded in its early stages, but the initial editor simply took the prod notice down again and it's been left to do its thing.

I've had a very hard time resisting editing this myself.

By the way, who are you there? I think I know most of the major editors of New Zealand articles ...

Just log out and go mad, that's what i've done so far.

I'm IanRitchie. Haven't made a serious edit since mid-November last year.

Varitek said:
I am waiting for you to finalize the setlist, which has just been in flux a bit too much, by posting it to u2-vertigo-tour.com!

:lol:

I actually have a private database on the U2VT backend with my own custom sets. I should make it public for April Fool's or something. :wink:

Axver said:

:lol:

I actually have a private database on the U2VT backend with my own custom sets. I should make it public for April Fool's or something. :wink:

YES!! Do it. But you probably have custom sets for every date ever, it would take people more than a day to actually go through them.

coolian2 said:
Just log out and go mad, that's what i've done so far.

I'm IanRitchie. Haven't made a serious edit since mid-November last year.

I've thought about it. I would like to give that set some tweaking, and improve the formatting.

Ah, OK. I am Axver, as I am everywhere. I don't think I've seen you around, though like I said, I mainly stick to Kiwi railways, as well as Kiwi geography. I've made articles on a shitload of insignificant Southland localities - and I've never been to Southland!

Varitek said:

YES!! Do it. But you probably have custom sets for every date ever, it would take people more than a day to actually go through them.

... it has 444 unique setlists. :nerd:

Axver said:

... it has 444 unique setlists. :nerd:

Only 444? I thought it was going to be way more than that; I'm disappointed.

And, I would love to see your setlist tweaks. I reverted from the 40-odd version because it was too much, but you are obviously the fantasy setlist god.

(Hey, fantasy setlists...there is an idea for the next tour. Say each song gets a rarity point value, so Streets is a 1 and Acrobat is a 1000, and you get to pick 20 songs that will appear in that night's show.)

Varitek said:
Only 444? I thought it was going to be way more than that; I'm disappointed.

Well, I laid it out as a tour. So I actually researched stadiums and other venues. Trying to find places to play in tiny Kiwi towns was not easy. They spend almost a year touring New Zealand, and, for example, rock out the Gaiety Hall in Akaroa! I even plotted the tour on the map so that everything is realistic. Real venues, realistic itinerary - insane setlists. I should keep going with it.

I might post my own tweaks of that Wikipedia set on this thread. What you folks do with it beyond that is not my responsibility. :wink:

(Hey, fantasy setlists...there is an idea for the next tour. Say each song gets a rarity point value, so Streets is a 1 and Acrobat is a 1000, and you get to pick 20 songs that will appear in that night's show.)

... OK, I am totally down with this idea. That could be so fun.

Last edited:
Axver said:

Well, I laid it out as a tour. So I actually researched stadiums and other venues. Trying to find places to play in tiny Kiwi venues was not easy. They spend almost a year touring New Zealand, and, for example, rock out the Gaiety Hall in Akaroa! I even plotted the tour on the map so that everything is realistic. Real venues, realistic itinerary - insane setlists. I should keep going with it.

:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom