The Album might be as good as this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I am

The Fly
OK, TIME FOR SOME FUN: I have created a list of songs selecting only 1 song from each current album and placing that song in the track order of NLOTH that best suits..... can you do any better?

WTSHNN
New Years Day
Bad
Tomorrow
Beautiful Day
The Fly
Out Of Control
Zooropa
All I Want Is You
All Because of You
Wake Up Dead Man

The only conundrum i had was trying to find a song from October that fits best with Unknown caller as i had filled all the other spots without a problem as far as i could tell...

I think the only thing I'd do differently is replace The Fly with Vertigo and ABOY with Acrobat... not necessarily because one song is better than the other, but Acrobat feels more like the style of Breathe than ABOY, though that's just the way I'm feeling at the moment

towelie.png

Lol you guys..... firstly most of us have heard clips and beachclips and read reviews... so use your knowledge and if you still dont understand then go play in the latest leaky thread like a zombie as the rest of them have for the past 72hours nonstop.... :)

OK, TIME FOR SOME FUN: I have created a list of songs selecting only 1 song from each current album and placing that song in the track order of NLOTH that best suits..... can you do any better?

WTSHNN
New Years Day
Bad
Tomorrow
Beautiful Day
The Fly
Out Of Control
Zooropa
All I Want Is You
All Because of You
Wake Up Dead Man

The only conundrum i had was trying to find a song from October that fits best with Unknown caller as i had filled all the other spots without a problem as far as i could tell...

Pretty useless – when we haven't heard NLOTH yet, hm?:doh:

ok, for those simple minded folk....

track 1 - No Line On the Horizon - what is a song that sounds most like this that is on one of U2's current albums and has similar musical or lyrical themes... WTSHNN, Ultra Voilet, A Sort of Homecoming maybe????

track 2 - Magnificent - New Years day, City Of Blinding Lights or WTSHNN possibly lol.

track 3 ... and so on however u can only use a song from 1 album once.. so once you have used for example New Years Day, that is it for the War album.

11 tracks on NLOTH... 11 albums to choose from, simple

I get where you're coming from. This is their 12th album, and might perhaps be a career retrospective, but rather than a third Greatest Hits, U2 made an album where all of the new songs represent a modern reflection on their past work. So each song on NLOTH represents an album, and you're trying to fit old album songs into their appropriate 'slots' on the new record based on the samples we've heard.

Or something like that?

In a way yes... I know the new album is different to anything they have done before, however for each song there are a few in U2's catologue that have a simlilar feeling or or likeness. I just thought it would be cool to list old songs that are like the new songs... but with an added twist that makes it interesting.

and to the moderator that moved this from where the album has a name, I think you should move it back cos this is kind of representive of what poeple think the new album will sound like. Like 'Stand Up Comedy' sounds like it could be similar to 'Love and Peace or Else' due to the Edge's performance and also the political type lyrics.... i said 'Out of Control' (rocking guitar through most of the song... i have only heard the 30sec sample so i really am guessing) which may no have been a good 'fit'. So someone else will probably compare LAPOE with SUC instead of Beautiful Day with IGCIIDGCT due to the 1 song/1 album rule i imposed. so please consider moving it back

and to the moderator that moved this from where the album has a name, I think you should move it back cos this is kind of representive of what poeple think the new album will sound like.

Let's keep that forum for actual album news, reviews, bitching, and speculation.

This is more of just a game, I think if it fits anywhere it fits here. Making a compilation that you THINK may fit the new album "feel" really doen't add much to the new album talk, and doesn't even fall into speculation.

Back
Top Bottom