that cover story on the homepage about u2 in the 2000's.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
i can't seem to find a place to write my response to one of the most nauseating pieces of writing i've ever come across on this website, so i guess i'll do it here.

by the sounds of it, u2 erased 9/11 by going on tour (which they had already planned on doing at that point) and playing songs (like they always had, up until that point when touring).

quite honestly, i can't ever remember reading such appalling fan-boy tosh. where does one even begin with this?

if you feel differently or the same, i'm all for hearing what you have to say. let's have a good discussion that'll inevitably lead everyone to agreeing with me.

just scroll down to the bottom of the story (as long as you are logged in) and there is a place for you to comment, and submit. If you don't get that then refresh and try it again. Should be fun :hug:

while it's definitely not the best article, i never got the impression that the author felt that U2 "erased 9/11".

Zoomerang,

The writer of the piece in question is discussing HER feelings about attending the first U2 show after 9-11. The band chose to address the tragedy in quite dramatic ways that this writer felt moved by.

I hardly think that this merits the kind of critique you suggest here, but you are welcome to respond to our mainpage articles in their respective comment threads.

All best,
Andy

I'm certainly one of the cynics that she mentioned in the article, but I could have disliked the article a lot more. That she seemed to acknowledge the fact that a lot of people saw it as corny was refreshing, rather than the blatant patriotic fan-attack that I was expecting. It was a pretty noble article, considering that.

Though I have to disagree with your post, Anu - I completely fail to see how writing ones own experiences makes something devoid of being critiqued.

Sad Punk,

The "this" in my sentence meant to refer to Laurie's piece overall. I did not mean to imply that the piece or any piece was beyond critique, but just that this particular piece did not merit this particular response: "appalling fanboy tosh."

Beautiful Day,
Andy

Sad Punk,

The "this" in my sentence meant to refer to Laurie's piece overall. I did not mean to imply that the piece or any piece was beyond critique, but just that this particular piece did not merit this particular response: "appalling fanboy tosh."

Beautiful Day,
Andy

Of course not. The writer is, after all, female.

;)

I'm certainly one of the cynics that she mentioned in the article, but I could have disliked the article a lot more. That she seemed to acknowledge the fact that a lot of people saw it as corny was refreshing, rather than the blatant patriotic fan-attack that I was expecting. It was a pretty noble article, considering that.

Though I have to disagree with your post, Anu - I completely fail to see how writing ones own experiences makes something devoid of being critiqued.

yeah, i think Anu was more talking about the sophmoric attitude of the thread starter.

i don't think i would refer to the thread starter as sophomoric. While he may be confident in his beliefs, i would never call him poorly informed.

i was referring to his attitude in this particular situation, not the poster himself.

i was referring to his attitude in this particular situation, not the poster himself.

For what it's worth, regarding the new article posted this morning on the homepage, at first glance i had the impression the author was crediting u2 for the Saints victory last night. Then i read it again, and i got a feeling (whooo hoooo) that u2 were rooting for the Saints. It's short enough that i might give it a third look, given the connection between the city of New Orleans and the band (after the flood all the colours came out).

Back
Top Bottom