Terrible article

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mirrorballman12

The Fly
I saw this article and thought it was complete sh**. Idk if it is posted on here or not so here it is.

Remember when U2 was an exciting and relevant band? That was quite a long time ago. This is all evidenced by their latest album, No Line on the Horizon, which made about as much of a dent in the music world as a fly does on a steel wall.
Unfortunately, Bono still thinks he is God and talked to ABC News about the Obama administration. The former superstar says he's been in touch with Obama and is confident the president will deliver on promises made during the campaign, including the singer's favorite issue: funding to fight AIDS in Africa.
Can somebody explain why it is Bono's job to talk to Obama? Although pushing for funding to fight AIDS in Africa is a good thing, it seems that Bono is just doing this as a publicity stunt to revitalize his once hot career. We never elected big-mouthed rock stars to run our country, especially extremely overrated ones.
U2 has had a long run - one that is longer than just about any act in musical history. However, it's time for them to retire. We don't want our peace disturbed with extremely bad, bubble-gum rock music anymore. Now, it's time to listen to The Joshua Tree and remember the band that once thrilled the world.

Citation: Examiner.com: Sue Bergerstein

This is not an article, this is a piece of crap. Every child could write a better piece. I don't think we need a separate thread for every disturbing kind of blurb that is in the media about Bono and U2.

This is not an article, this is a piece of crap. Every child could write a better piece. I don't think we need a separate thread for every disturbing kind of blurb that is in the media about Bono and U2.

I find them quite funny, personally. Very rarely, when anyone in the popular press attacks NLOTH, do they bother to... uhh... attack the quality of the album, and instead go for its relevance combined with OMG BONO IS A HYPOCRITICAL LIAR ILLUMINATUS!!!

We don't want our peace disturbed with extremely bad, bubble-gum rock music anymore.

did this moron actually listen to the new album?? which flavored bubble-fucking-gum serves as the intended analogy for Moment of Surrender? Unknown Caller?? Fez-Being Born?!?!? :confused:

. However, it's time for them to retire. We don't want our peace disturbed with extremely bad, bubble-gum rock music anymore. Now, it's time to listen to The Joshua Tree and remember the band that once thrilled the world.

applause.gif

phpKrGdg4_c2PM_57049_2009-08-19%2010-50-49.062.jpg

^Sue Bergerstein...you suck

Sue Bergerstein should just go eat some burgers, she had no idea whatsoever she was talking about. I'd like to see her musical playlist, chockablock with Nickelback and P!nk.

We live in an age where everyone and their mother have access to the internet and can write everything they want about anything they want. This is not even a proper "article". If you look for negative comments on Bono and U2 in the internet, it's very easy to find them, the internet is full of it. The person's personal agenda against Bono and her horribly bad writing style is saying enough. My little nephew can write a better piece.

...and more than a grain of truth there is in this article, folks. Hard, but nevertheless true ...

...and more than a grain of truth there is in this article, folks. Hard, but nevertheless true ...

Yep, that's true.
That grain (and maybe more) is found here:
"[Bono] talked to ABC News about the Obama administration. The former superstar says he's been in touch with Obama and is confident the president will deliver on promises made during the campaign, including the singer's favorite issue: funding to fight AIDS in Africa."

That's about the only truth in whole article though...

Hm, the problem is: Many of you do not wanna see the truth – that U2 are a bit lost at the moment, not sure where heading for as credible artists AND successful moneymakers. And Bono is no exception, I am afraid ...

Hm, the problem is: Many of you do not wanna see the truth – that U2 are a bit lost at the moment, not sure where heading for as credible artists AND successful moneymakers. And Bono is no exception, I am afraid ...

YOU are afraid.

YOU are afraid.

Yes, this lack of self-reflection is frightening – within fans, within the band's inner circle, within the four themselves. The "biggest tour"? The "best rock band"? It is all propaganda, folks and this is something I am afraid of ...

Remember when U2 was an exciting and relevant band? That was quite a long time ago. This is all evidenced by their latest album, No Line on the Horizon, which made about as much of a dent in the music world as a fly does on a steel wall.

I normally do not get riled up by these sort of articles but has this FuckStick noticed the almost all Total Concerts For 360' Being SOLD OUT ? ? ?:huh:

:up::up:

oh, yet again, who shows up and decides to broadcast their opinion as fact?

for fuck's sake.

I write my opinion, that is all. This is the sense of a forum. If you can not get along with it, leave it. If you have no arguments, your problem. If you have another opinion, also fine. But: Stop with this bad language!

At least 99% of the comments call her out on being off base, instead of the haters patting her on the back. Even a U2 hater with half a brain knows albums don't sell right now, and you can't argue with 360's box office statistics.

Keep these articles comming and maybe U2 will get pissed and pump out some amazing shit.

Anyway whenever people talk about The Joshua Tree as being the only time U2 were any good I know can dismiss the article right away... and that should be a clue for you guys too.

At least 99% of the comments call her out on being off base, instead of the haters patting her on the back. Even a U2 hater with half a brain knows albums don't sell right now, and you can't argue with 360's box office statistics.

I agree.....I don't think cd's by any artist are selling like they use to. More to do with the economy, than the music. Plus, some people tend to download just favorites songs, instead of collections.

U2 are doing amazing well with their tour. Most stadiums were sold out or close to being such.

Back
Top Bottom