Support acts for the tour??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Ive saw an interview with Noel Gallagher that he has put his name forward to support u2. It was around the time he was spending alot of time with Bono.

Makes sense with Noel having a new album coming out next year. I can see him being the main american support act. I couldnt see him supporting in europe when he can fill the arenas that u2 will be playing on his own.

Who else could support?

quote me now, 30 Seconds To Mars

Hope not.

US support acts are fairly often acts that are big in the UK, and on the cusp of success in the US (eg Florence last time) or for some reason just haven't gone *that* big yet in the US but have gone huge elsewhere (eg Muse, an easy stadium filler in their own right in most of the rest of the world). Bonus points if they're also UMG acts.

I wish REM would come back so they could tour together. Can't believe that never happened. It'd be the biggest and greatest tour ever!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

quote me now, 30 Seconds To Mars

awregd_zps38d6a525.jpg

The drummer of this band says he is a HUGE fan of U2,for a very
long time too, so I am expecting to see them open up for U2 in the Tour.

What is the bands name?

Metallica
:lol:

I once met someone who thought that Streets was a 30 Seconds To Mars song. I wanted to stab them. I will hate that band forever just because of that.

I believe it's 30 seconds to mars that has a new song that sounds just like streets. First time I heard it on the radio, I thought it was streets.

I'm the support. It'll be great. I'll just read out Interference threads to some taped backing music.

I'm the support. It'll be great. I'll just read out Interference threads to some taped backing music.

Challenge: re-write the Numb lyrics to the 'Don't xxxx' theme based on Interference 'advice' for the band.

Don't soul
Don't mole
Don't dig a fucking hole

Don't rhyme
Forced lines
Like defeat
And feet
Don't take passengers on board
If you feel you're getting bored

etc

Noel Gallagher and Editors, please

Challenge: re-write the Numb lyrics to the 'Don't xxxx' theme based on Interference 'advice' for the band.

Don't soul
Don't mole
Don't dig a fucking hole

Don't rhyme
Forced lines
Like defeat
And feet
Don't take passengers on board
If you feel you're getting bored

etc

This is fucking brilliant. I will credit you every night, and at the last show do a rap in your honour.

Bastille
The Gaslight Anthem
Bleachers
Chvrches
Hozier (I only know that one song, but you know he's Irish...)

Also, if they wanted to make another bold hip hop choice like when they had Kanye, then Lupe Fiasco would be awesome. His stuff is very political.

Bastille
The Gaslight Anthem
Bleachers
Chvrches
Hozier (I only know that one song, but you know he's Irish...)

Also, if they wanted to make another bold hip hop choice like when they had Kanye, then Lupe Fiasco would be awesome. His stuff is very political.

All good options other than Hozier. He'd bore people. There's many Irish artists our there, if they were to go that route.

Noel Gallagher would be awesome. The talent in Oasis, doing better songs. Yes please.

Broken Arrow is better than anything Oasis did.

Back
Top Bottom