Stuck in a Moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hasin73

Refugee
I feel like I need to say this....

Post-2000 SIAM has one of the if not the most simple yet deeply felt and resonating lyrics written by Bono. The magnificently coherent and to the point lyrics drives the song more than the music. You can't say that about too many U2 songs. I fall deeply in love with the song each time I hear it due to its lyrics.

SIAM was just uploaded to U2's Vevo this week. Anyone know where it was from?

LyhS.jpg

I feel like I need to say this....

Post-2000 SIAM has one of the if not the most simple yet deeply felt and resonating lyrics written by Bono. The magnificently coherent and to the point lyrics drives the song more than the music. You can't say that about too many U2 songs. I fall deeply in love with the song each time I hear it due to its lyrics.

I agree with you, lyrically it is one of U2s best songs. The melody, while decent(I typed this without realizing the pun, so I'm leaving this in my post ;) ), doesn't come close to matching the level that the lyrics reach. I still rank this as one of my top 40 U2 songs and do enjoy listening to it still to this day.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

SIAM is a great tune. Pure, honest, great melody. No bullshit, world-saving pomposity. No chiming guitars or other sonic theater. It will stand the test of time long after U2 are retired.

Back
Top Bottom