Strict 'no comment' from McGuinness as U2 property associate ups tails to Switzerland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
Mr Quinlan has also recently put his share of the land he purchased with U2's Dave 'the Edge' Evans in Malibu, California, on the market, abandoning plans to build yet another bolthole for himself on the Pacific Coast.

The former tax inspector has enjoyed an especially close relationship with the members of U2 over the years, even entering into partnership with Bono and the Edge in 2005 investing in the Clarence Hotel on Dublin's Wellington Quay.

The close bond between the parties was clearly evident two weeks ago when the Sunday Independent called U2 manager Paul McGuinness for comment on Mr Quinlan's move to Switzerland.

Asked if he had received a call from him either before or since his departure, the U2 manager -- who incidentally invested with Mr Quinlan in the €685m purchase of the 3.4 acre Knightsbridge estate in London in 2005 -- gave a decidedly wary response.

"I'm not sure if I want to discuss this. I really don't like getting calls on my mobile from people I don't know who won't tell me where they got my number. But I tell you what you should do. You should call my office in Dublin and leave a number that can be verified, and when I get that message, as I will, I will make a call and check that you are who you say you are," Mr McGuinness said, clearly mindful of the possibility that he was speaking to someone who might not have either his -- or Derek Quinlan's -- best interests at heart.

Having verified our reporter's bona fides, Mr McGuinness phoned back the following day to say simply: "Mr Quinlan, I am not prepared to discuss Derek Quinlan with you."

Intrigue as financier emigrates to Switzerland - Analysis, Opinion - Independent.ie

This guy is mentioned in the album credits for NLOTH.

And a manager of a band has to talk about an ex tax inspector because... ?

Back
Top Bottom