Straight Talking Noel Gallagher (a.k.a. God) has a few jabs at Brian Eno!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Noel is not on par with the greats before him - he is above all of them

Having listened to every oasis tune, i dont think its fair to say they are all the same/beatles rip offs

Also - if it aint broke, why fix it - Oasis wipe the floor with every band going right now - including u2

And philyfan - you were correct
Noel Gallagher speaks about knife crime | News | NME.COM

The reason why they were booed by the twats from franz ferdinand is because they know that compared to oasis they are nothing. People hate oasis as they thought they were finished, but still they can sell a million tickets in the uk in no time. As the interview says - oasis had a blip from SOTSOG to HC, but they came back with 2 belters. And anyway, fans vote for the NME awards and Oasis.

Franz, Kaisers, Bloc Party - all that shite will not be remembered as they are meaningless indie shit
Just like Blur
Seriously? Oasis is terrible. Most over-rated band of the '90s.
Pulp were the '90s breakthrough -- far better than Blur, let alone Oasis.

I wish Jarvis Cocker would just reform Pulp; this solo act is pissing me off; he's also trying to be more immediate. Ah, these aging rockers never understand why they were so great.

Oasis is great... one of my favorite bands but...

Suede
Primal Scream
Led Zep
R.E.M.
Aerosmith
and U2

are all better bands... the last four by thousand miles. The last by a billion light-years.

I think that's why Coldplay's effort was only partially successful. They saw Eno as a sort of Wizard of Oz, who would hide behind a curtain directing the show and make them great while letting them get the credit, and thought that he was all they needed to achieve their Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby. But in the end, if the songs aren't there, there's only so much even Eno can do with them. Eno said recently in an interview that he's learned more from U2 than any other band or artist he's ever worked with, thus highlighting the reciprocal and balanced nature of their creative relationship.

This. :up:

Blur were great, and during and since then Damon Albarn has proven to be a gazillion times more talented than Noel Gallagher. And I’ve got no beef with Oasis, I mean they’ve offered nothing worth discussion for over a decade now so you can only really be neither here nor there with them.

Back
Top Bottom