stolen notebook of october lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What ever happened to the stolen notebook of the october lyrics?

I think that when the briefcase with the notebook was finally returned, Bono had a good look at it and realised that he never had written down any lyrics anyway.

They turned up in someone's attic in Portland, Oregon in 2004. He met with the owners of the house where they were, I think there was something on the local news about it that night.

(I remember it well because it was the same day I met him in Seattle. ;) )

i gotta admit i was bummed that they didn't include a scan of one of the songs in the notebook for the october remaster. it was a long shot, but still. or at least make it a u2.com goodie :greedy:

Apparently the lyrics weren't the thing that mattered inside. There were also letters from Bono to Ali and the other way around and some pictures that he was glad to have back.

There were some pictures taken of the contents of this briefcase, found in Portland back in 2004. I got them of one of the U2 fan websites. Don't remember which one but I kept the 5 pictures of the contents. Interesting pictures by the way since it showed notes by Bono with a lot of unknown song titles from the early days. :drool:

Here's a link to download the pictures in a rar-file http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RISAQ2D7

Edit: found the original source, it was u2log.com: http://u2log.com/2004/10/21/bonos-stolen-briefcase-returned-after-23-years/

There were some pictures taken of the contents of this briefcase, found in Portland back in 2004. I got them of one of the U2 fan websites. Don't remember which one but I kept the 5 pictures of the contents. Interesting pictures by the way since it showed notes by Bono with a lot of unknown song titles from the early days. :drool:

Here's a link to download the pictures in a rar-file MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Edit: found the original source, it was u2log.com: Bono’s stolen briefcase returned after 23 years ? U2LOG.COM - U2 news – From July 2000 till our moment of surrender

So coool

i know Bono's got a bad memory and all...but i always thought this story was exagerated. did all 4 members suddenly get amnesia? i doubt that a briefcase full of lyrics could also hold their collective memory, cuz that seemed to have been lifted as well.

Back
Top Bottom