Steve Lillywhite Wants to Replace Simon on American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Steve Lillywhite has posted on Twitter about wanting to take over for Simon Cowell on "American Idol." A Facebook group has now been started to support the cause.

I don't watch Idol but, based on what I know about the show and its current judges,think Steve Lillywhite would be a good choice considering his experience in the studio and for record labels. If he did get the job, I may have to tune in.

He'll have to get in line - seems like one out of three celebrities is talking about wanting to replace Simon.

Yeah, this is his last season. All sorts of chatter if the show will continue without him or not.

He wants to bring over his British show The X-Factor, which is just like Idol except they can do groups and there's not an age limit.

sorry for the angry tone in my fingers. i just hate anything responsible for Daughtry. trust me, i've sent his mother many nasty letters.

Steve Lillywhite has posted on Twitter about wanting to take over for Simon Cowell on "American Idol." A Facebook group has now been started to support the cause.

I don't watch Idol but, based on what I know about the show and its current judges,think Steve Lillywhite would be a good choice considering his experience in the studio and for record labels. If he did get the job, I may have to tune in.

He would have been an excellent judge on that show Rock Star (INXS, Supernova) a few years back. He's probably way too good for Idol.

:huh: I honestly believe he is way above this show. Look at his extensive discography. American Idol winners couldn't even compare to the musicians he has worked with.

I'm sure Steve will come to his senses when he realizes how "above it all" he is.

I'm sure his next Twitter will read "Thank god for all the people telling me how much Idol sucks."

What I meant is that I'm sure Idol will want to replace Simon with someone who brings the snark. The audience is used to that dynamic. Lillywhite, on the other hand, could offer some useful critique, similar to Jason Newsted's role on RSS.

I saw the tweet and figured it was just a joke, anyway. Much ado about nothing.

God, I hope not. Nobody worth anything in the music business should associate with that show.

Although I was surprised when Prince came on. And a lot of talented musicians have been on. I guess it's not all bad; we need something for comic relief, at least. :doh:

Wow, if he did he'd actually bring industry/artistic wisdom that the show completely misses.

But I doubt Steve will get the gig, seems like the big push is for Howard Stern. If you didn't think they could make it worse... they'll find a way.

I dunno. There seems to be a lot of celebrities talking about how "they're being considered" as a replacement for Simon.

I'll believe it when I hear it from the Idol people.

wow, if he did he'd actually bring industry/artistic wisdom that the show completely misses.

But i doubt steve will get the gig, seems like the big push is for howard stern. If you didn't think they could make it worse... They'll find a way.

baba booey!!

God, I hope not. Nobody worth anything in the music business should associate with that show.

Couldn't agree more! The problem is that the music industry is behind those programs. X factor, Idols, etc really suck! Making people famous by letting them sing songs from others. It's really killing inspiration

:huh: I honestly believe he is way above this show. Look at his extensive discography. American Idol winners couldn't even compare to the musicians he has worked with.
I don't know. 30 Seconds to Mars is very radio formula. Lillywhite is a shameful man to want this. Anything that gets him away from the next U2 album will make me happy, though.

I knew American Idol was crap when I saw the kinds of singing of contestants; that fake oversinging popularized by black pop singers and taken on by idiots like Jessica Simpson. So horrible. None of these people like music; they just like what's popular.

If he wants it it's cool with me, I guess. Although if I were in his shoes I'd want something else. American Idol is responsible for a load of the crap that's on the "Current" stations on radio. I don't care though cause I hardly ever listen to radio. David Cook is one of the worst pieces of crap Idol's responsible for. I despise the show. (Note that this post contains a ton of opinions:D) Idol is crap!!!!!11!!1!:angry::angry::angry:

F*ck Idol!!!:rant:

I laughed because you made it sound like he needs your permission.

Maybe the man has dreams or desires that go above and beyond sitting behind a sound board and he feels this is his best chance.

I mean, thought about the show itself aside, I think that Steve Lillywhite, at this stage of his life, probably knows what's best for him.

I laughed because you made it sound like he needs your permission.

Maybe the man has dreams or desires that go above and beyond sitting behind a sound board and he feels this is his best chance.

I mean, thought about the show itself aside, I think that Steve Lillywhite, at this stage of his life, probably knows what's best for him.

Oh, oh sh*t. I took that the wrong way.:lol: *post edit* It's all up to him. No need for my permission Mr. Lillywhite.:wink:

American Idol will be more crap than it already is without Simon unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom