States in the United States U2 has never played.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are the states I believe U2 has never played in the United States:

Maine

New Hampshire

Vermont

Delaware

West Virginia

Arkansas

South Dakota

North Dakota

Wyoming

Montana

Idaho

Alaska

Perhaps they might finally get to them on the Experience And Innocence Tour which probably won't start until early 2019. U2 could play an arena show in each of these states. The only concern is that some of the arenas might be smaller than the average and U2 might have to bring a modified stage so it could fit.

Imagine what its like being a U2 fan in Billings Montana, or even worse, Alaska. You either never get to see the band or have to arrange a bit of travel an days away in order to make it happen.

South and north dakota was in 2001

I wonder if U2 would ever plan to play in China or India?

Coldplay already played one festival gig in Mumbai, U2 is lagging behind.

South and north dakota was in 2001

Huh? No they weren't.

I know to never say never, but those two are absolutely not going to happen ever.

1997 and 2010 would disagree.

I wonder if U2 would ever plan to play in China or India?

Coldplay already played one festival gig in Mumbai, U2 is lagging behind.

Amazingly, they had plans to tour India at the end of the War Tour, along with Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. In the end they only did Japan, and made it up to Australia and New Zealand by starting the UF Tour there. Still nothing for India though.

There were also plans to play Egypt after Israel in 1997 and Singapore on the 1998 leg of Popmart but obviously neither of those happened.

I thought for sure U2 had played Mississippi, maybe during the Joshua Tree tour, but that is not the case. So here is the list of states they have yet to play:

Maine
Mississippi
Vermont
Delaware
West Virginia
Arkansas
South Dakota
North Dakota
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Alaska

Maybe they can do some special shows for these states on the "Experience And Innocence Tour" in 2019.

Wow, to play a state like Mississippi is an attack on the rest of the world. !?!? The fact is, there are probably more U2 fans per capita in these 12 states than in India, East Asia, Eastern Europe or Central America.

Wow, to play a state like Mississippi is an attack on the rest of the world. !?!? The fact is, there are probably more U2 fans per capita in these 12 states than in India, East Asia, Eastern Europe or Central America.

Per capita, who fucking cares even if you are right, which for some of those regions you definitely aren't. Can U2 sell out a stadium in Mississippi? No. Can U2 sell out a stadium in the named global regions? Of course they can.

Go back to your Americentric bubble, Sting. Or, actually, better idea, get a passport and travel the world. Maybe you'll learn something.

Here are the states I believe U2 has never played in the United States:

Maine
New Hampshire
Vermont
Delaware
West Virginia
Arkansas
South Dakota
North Dakota
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Alaska

Imagine what its like being a U2 fan in Billings Montana, or even worse, Alaska. You either never get to see the band or have to arrange a bit of travel an days away in order to make it happen.

You talk about US States. There are even countries where U2 never played. Imagine how it is, living in European countries like Albany, Luxemburg. Monaco, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Albany, Servia, estland, letland, litouwen, Bulgaria, Armenia, Azarbadjan, Cyprus, Iceland, Macedonia, Kazachstan, Montenegro, San Marino, Ucrain, Vatican...
And that's only Europe...what about Africa, Asia...?

You talk about US States. There are even countries where U2 never played. Imagine how it is, living in European countries like Albany, Luxemburg. Monaco, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Albany, Servia, estland, letland, litouwen, Bulgaria, Armenia, Azarbadjan, Cyprus, Iceland, Macedonia, Kazachstan, Montenegro, San Marino, Ucrain, Vatican...

Albany x2? I know Albany, Western Australia and Albany, New Zealand, neither yet played by U2...

Didn't Bono once play a song in Mozambique?

Yep: U2 Maputo, 2010-03-15, Mafalala Libre, Various Dates - U2 on tour

He's also sung in Ghana: U2 Accra, 2013-08-28, +233 Jazz Bar and Grill, Various Dates - U2 on tour

But the only proper shows have been in South Africa. There were plans to play Egypt in 1997 after the Israel gig, but obviously that never came to pass.

I'm pretty sure people living in Monaco don't have anything to whinge about lol. It's, what, an hour's flight to Paris?

Wow, I never thought a thread about U2 playing 12 states they have never played before would generate such hostility. I think I understand how road rage happens now.

Wow, I never thought a thread about U2 playing 12 states they have never played before would generate such hostility. I think I understand how road rage happens now.

Yeah, who knew it was such a taboo subject? :shrug: How dare anyone talk about things!!

Back
Top Bottom