Stand Back People!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say though I thought I had seen it all until I saw a grown-ass woman being dragged by his SUV. I still can't believe it, honestly. So, sadly not everyone has the same notions of common sense :lol:[/QUOTE]

That is a insane.

My brother and I were huge fans of the Kinks, during the late sixties and early seventies. We went to one of their concerts in D.C. After the show, I suggested. Let's go look for their limo! And we found it, along with a small crowd of people. Who were thinking the same thing. We stood across the street from where it was parked. Waiting calmly of course, for the band to come out of the venue. Everyone was very cool, not aggressive. When, the band came out. A guy shouted. "Thanks for the great concert, Ray!" Ray Davies heard him and walked across the street. By himself. To where we were standing. Nice guy! He chatted with us for about twenty minutes or so, until his brother, Dave shouted. "It's time to go." Ray shook everyone's hand and I, being the only girl. Got a kiss on the cheek.

My point......The Kinks were a popular band at the time. And none of us. Acted in a threatening way.

Bono told us he would be back, I believe he had every intention on coming out to speak to us, but those few people ran and screamed after his car, how could he get out? Would you come out with all these people running and screaming at you? They did the same thing to Larry when he came out, they ran and screamed at his car. CRAZY!

Samething happened at Hanover Quay. Larry and Edge came out in their cars and people were knocking on the windows to get them to stop, but they just drove away quickly.
I was watching the mayhem from across the street. One of the girls there seem so obsessed that she started to scream and cry when Larry drove away because she had been there all day waiting to try and meet him.
When Adam came out it happened again, but this time he stopped to say hello. Though I think he only stopped because his car was surrounded.

And when Bono came out he came over to the crowd and said he was late for a meeting, so he took a few pics.
I just hung back and asked if he would sign something for me, he just told me to wait a second, came over to me and signed my paper, hopped in his car and drove off.

I just figured out what this thread basically is.

elmer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom