Spiderman News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this article suggest she may have been joking :shrug:

Evan Rachel Wood has revealed she told Bono to "lighten up a bit" with the music for his Spider-Man musical.

The Thirteen star - who has been cast as Mary Jane Watson in the Broadway musical Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark, written by the U2 frontman and his bandmate The Edge - claimed on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon she had been giving them musical instruction.

Evan said: "Bono and the Edge are doing the music, it was hysterical, I got to do the workshop, sit down with them playing guitars going over the music, and I was making jokes going, 'watch by the end of this, I'll be telling them what to do.'"

She continued: "And by the end I was! I was like, 'Bono, I know you want to save the world and everything, but in this song you're talking about poverty and world hunger and it's Broadway, can we lighten this up a bit, can I just not sing this?' And he was like, 'You're right, I know, we have to try, we have to try.'"

but, please don't let this stop any of you from shouting.

cunt, whore, slut, bitch-ass

this article suggest she may have been joking :shrug:

but, please don't let this stop any of you from shouting.

cunt, whore, slut, bitch-ass

:giggle: i kind of figured that.

my use of the c-word was over the top making fun of everyone else getting pissed at the article and dropping f-bombs and whatnot

Maybe she's right. There's nothing more unattractive than a millionnaire moaning for no good reason. It's not even as though he is suffering from depression but the lyrics on their latest album are glum. I never was into U2 around the Joshua Tree but I suspect I would've thought the same then. They looked so miserable in photo's around this time yet if you read about them in interviews (I've read one on the Mother Jones website with Bono) they don't seem to be so serious. When we went for a drive in 2005 Gemma said that they are so boo-hoo when Emily put on a U2 CD. We put on some uplifting reggae instead and she was happier. In the 90's they got away from this sulkiness.

I'm cautiously excited about this. They've been producing some really good and unique and hip musicals over there in Broadway-land the last few years. Let's hope this works out. Also, Evan Rachel Wood is one of favorite actresses, so there ya go. We'll see.

Yeah that clip of the song has been up maybe a month or so, I'm always checking back to see if they put more of it or any different clips up but so far nothing new.

(There must be another Spiderman thread somewhere :hmm: )

yeah, considering tickets don't go on sale until September, i don't think we'll get much news about any soundtrack until later in the year.

K, this may seem like a dumb question but...why isn't U2 as a band getting credited for this? It's all 4 of them at the Rubin sessions (BC 402), and it sounds like all 4 of them in this audio snippet from the official site. So why is it "music by Bono and Edge" and not "music by U2" ?

Well we don't really actually know for certain that this bc 402 is a Rubin session do we? Hasn't it always just been assumed? But the band have never said anything like that have they?

I kind of figured once we knew that bc 402 was a Spiderman song that meant it was not a Rubin song, or at least Rubin and U2.

Spiderman has been delayed. That's no joke. I am sure this isn't the massive announcement, just fyi.
The show is running in to financial difficulties.

Blurb from Variety:

Is the upcoming "Spider-Man" musical stuck in a web of financial woes?

Variety reports:

Extensive work being done to prep for the technically demanding show, both in the shop constructing the physical production and in the theater where "Spider-Man" is due to bow, is said to have stopped this week.
The Hollywood trade publication says "cash flow obstacles" may be to blame.

The show, which is set to star Evan Rachel Wood and Alan Cumming and feature the music of U2's Bono and The Edge, is supposed to begin previews in February of next year.

Spiderman has been delayed. That's no joke. I am sure this isn't the massive announcement, just fyi.
The show is running in to financial difficulties.

Blurb from Variety:

Is the upcoming "Spider-Man" musical stuck in a web of financial woes?

Variety reports:

Extensive work being done to prep for the technically demanding show, both in the shop constructing the physical production and in the theater where "Spider-Man" is due to bow, is said to have stopped this week.
The Hollywood trade publication says "cash flow obstacles" may be to blame.

The show, which is set to star Evan Rachel Wood and Alan Cumming and feature the music of U2's Bono and The Edge, is supposed to begin previews in February of next year.

as i said in a different thread, if this helps speed up SOA, then i'm ok with this.

I spoke with someone from the theater back in June because tix we had for February were canceled and they said that changes are being made to the inside of the theater, and the permits were taking longer to acquire than expected. They added that the show has been rescheduled to open in May.

Could be both reasons. I'm still thinking it's going to be a success.

once again, i hate to sound selfish, but this only helps SOA.

Yeah this is great news. There's pretty much no way that this project wouldn't have delayed SOA. This may still happen, but there should definitely be a window for another U2 album now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom