SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark (u2.com email)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Um, and how exactly?

No wait, don't answer.

Sometimes I don't know what's worse: Some "fans" or the press.

:|

So, wait, she's not a fan just because... oh jeez. I'm sure you can see the error in your post. You shouldn't doubt someone's passion for something you're also interested in, just because there's an insignificant disagreement along the path.

"The poor guy brings it upon himself"? Come on, give me a break. This is not some helpless child we're talking about but a smart, grown up man who knows very well what he's doing, and I guess he doesn't care about the media bashing much much less than we do. He's just being himself. If people are hating, the fault doesn't always lie in the person they're hating. I mean as fans who know a lot about the guy I really think we should stand above all that. Many people are ignorant and don't know better, but most of us should know better. I don't pity Bono, but I also don't put all the blame on him. Sometimes you have to accept that there are a lot of jealous and mean people out there and when you're famous like him, you're just a target. Good on Bono to keep on doing what he's doing, despite all irritations.

"The poor guy brings it upon himself"? Come on, give me a break. This is not some helpless child we're talking about but a smart, grown up man who knows very well what he's doing, and I guess he doesn't care about the media bashing much much less than we do. He's just being himself. If people are hating, the fault doesn't always lie in the person they're hating. I mean as fans who know a lot about the guy I really think we should stand above all that. Many people are ignorant and don't know better, but most of us should know better. I don't pity Bono, but I also don't put all the blame on him. Sometimes you have to accept that there are a lot of jealous and mean people out there and when you're famous like him, you're just a target. Good on Bono to keep on doing what he's doing, despite all irritations.

QUE?

How did what I say in any way convey that I was “hating” on Bono? I’m just saying that in taking on this project he is practically inviting criticism. I know full well he doesn’t give a damn what the hell the media thinks because he would have never signed up for this in the first place.

Bono is awesome, no matter what the outcome of this Broadway production is…positive or negative…He will always be my personal hero (Now that just sounds cheesey :), but it’s true)

I’m not hating on his activism and philanthropy, I fully support him in these endeavors and I agree with you the media shouldn’t fuck around with a really intelligent and devoted guy who has his soul invested in helping “the poorest of the poor”.

So what if I think this whole “Spiderman the Musical” has “fail” written all over it…that’s fine I’m not a reporter (Wouldn’t want to write articles about such trivial things anyway, but I have written very postive articles about Bono/U2 for my school newspaper), my opinion on the matter really doesn’t matter.

:|

Maybe this musical will be kick ass, I don't know!?!?!

I was wrong about the Star Trek movie...

This just in: if you disagree with anything Bono has ever done ever in his life, you are jealous and mean and hating on him and all of his good work. What a lousy fan you are! With fans like you, who needs enemies?

I hope Bono's ok :sad:

This just in: if you disagree with anything Bono has ever done ever in his life, you are jealous and mean and hating on him and all of his good work. What a lousy fan you are! With fans like you, who needs enemies?

I hope Bono's ok :sad:

Bono's keeping entire tissue companies in business with all his emo tears.

WHAT A SAINT.

I would just like to say that I have been calling that song as being in Spider Man for quite awhile and I am posting this to pat myself on the back for once again being correct.

I love me some me.

QUE?

How did what I say in any way convey that I was “hating” on Bono? I’m just saying that in taking on this project he is practically inviting criticism. I know full well he doesn’t give a damn what the hell the media thinks because he would have never signed up for this in the first place.

Bono is awesome, no matter what the outcome of this Broadway production is…positive or negative…He will always be my personal hero (Now that just sounds cheesey :), but it’s true)

I’m not hating on his activism and philanthropy, I fully support him in these endeavors and I agree with you the media shouldn’t fuck around with a really intelligent and devoted guy who has his soul invested in helping “the poorest of the poor”.

I never said you were "hating" on Bono, of course you're not. I was talking about media people and "fans" who think it's ok for them to always bash Bono. He's a target because he's too famous and too much out there. It's not really his fault, it's just part of the job. And he's very well aware of that.
Sometimes I just wish fans would have a little more trust in the man.

Sometimes I just wish fans would have a little more trust in the man.

What do we have to trust him on? It's not like anything important hinges on the success/failure of a Spiderman musical. It's fine for fans to express misgivings about it.
Look at it this way: Bono isn't afraid to be a dork. Sometimes, he is a dork. But we'll see how the musical is when it comes out. In the meantime...it sounds like a stupid idea to me! =)

^I have been called a dork because I'm a U2 fan...see what I have sacrificed for this man!

i hear that. i always love the "you'd hump bono if you had the chance" comments.

HAHA...you are 2 funny

My friends and I were watching T.V when I got up to get something, from the kitchen I hear, "Kelly get in here, your boyfriend is on T.V!"

I was like, what?

Turns out Bono and Edge was on Access Hollywood promoting the album...they were refering to Bono. FML :lol:

^How about Bono is drag?
bonobeautifulACBerlin1992bw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom