‘Spider-Man’ to Close on Broadway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Spiderman soundtrack isn't bad, despite what many cynics say. There was some decent material on it. Boy falls from the sky and Rise Above would have made great U2 songs, I wish they would have released them as band versions. The one and only live performance of BOY was quite something.

some of the cast injuries sound really really horrible! amputations - horrific

re. the songs, i think some of them are quite lovely

What's big, expensive, unpopular and now almost completely redundant? Paul McG (I kid, I kid).

Hopefully when doing press for this new album, they'll explain to us just how doing this dumb musical cost us an album in 2010/11, and how much they regret it.

I thought it didn't sound like something they should be involved in BEFORE it became a disaster.

The Spiderman soundtrack isn't bad, despite what many cynics say. There was some decent material on it. Boy falls from the sky and Rise Above would have made great U2 songs, I wish they would have released them as band versions. The one and only live performance of BOY was quite something.

The spiderman play, however, was that bad, despite what some fanboys might say.

But it turned out to be quite a success and I heard from many people (U2 and non U2 fans) who liked the show.

It was too expensive, though, and too much stuff happened during the production process which was unfortunate.

I don't mind B and E being involved, I think it's important for them to do side projects, but based on all the Spiderman controversy I think we can safely assume that they'll keep out of the musical scene for quite while now.

Boy Falls from the Sky is a great song. I would love to hear a U2 studio version of it someday. The live performance was fantastic.

Hopefully when doing press for this new album, they'll explain to us just how doing this dumb musical cost us an album in 2010/11, and how much they regret it.

I thought it didn't sound like something they should be involved in BEFORE it became a disaster.

U2 Boy Falls From The Sky (360° Live From Coimbra) Alternative Video Mix 1080p By Mek - YouTube

There was absolutely NO reason to waste a perfectly good U2 song on that stupid musical.

:love: on both accounts!

But it turned out to be quite a success and I heard from many people (U2 and non U2 fans) who liked the show.

It was too expensive, though, and too much stuff happened during the production process which was unfortunate.

I don't mind B and E being involved, I think it's important for them to do side projects, but based on all the Spiderman controversy I think we can safely assume that they'll keep out of the musical scene for quite while now.

No. It was not a success. They lost millions upon millions of dollars. In what world is that a success?

Well ... it's not like it's CLOSING closing. It's moving to Vegas. They'll probably sell loads and loads of tickets there. Will it make it not "a failure" in the end? I don't know.

It will probably always be called a failure because of the cost:profit ratio. But that's the fault of the production process, not an evaluation of the show itself. I'm not familiar enough to know if Broadway people would call it a good show.

It will probably always be called a failure because of the cost:profit ratio. But that's the fault of the production process, not an evaluation of the show itself. I'm not familiar enough to know if Broadway people would call it a good show.

What the hell is this? Is there a name for an accidental smiley? that was supposed to read "cost to profit" with one of these : in the middle.

Boy Falls From the Sky sounds like a combination of HMTMKMKM and Dirty Day, had it been written in 2000. So not as heavy as the former or as poetic as the latter, but still a very sleek, fun rocker.

Back
Top Bottom