Special edition of Uncut all about U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got mine 2day @ B&N.... they only had 3, and they were (just like the Q Magazine was when it came out)... HIDDEN like a motherf*cker.

I was wondering, I looked for this at a Chapters store (London, Canada) and only found the Springsteen issue. I checked it, and it said it was the June issue. What is the date on the U2 issue? Just wondering if I've missed the U2 issue, or if it's going to be late getting here. Thanks.

It's not an official issue of Uncut. It's from the makers of kinda thing. BTW: If anyone needs a copy my B&N had a dozen or so left...

Jess

Ah, thanks. So the monthly issues only feature one artist exclusively as well?

There's always a big cover article about a particular band, often with more popular ones they'll highlight a particular era of their history, whereas with a lesser known cult one, they might just get the whole thing done with in one 20 page deal. But there are always your share of other articles doing the same thing in a smaller scale, and reviews and that sort of shit. It's better than Rolling Stone, at least.

ordered mine no worries :up: 24.99 US though for aussies which works out to just over $30 australian , but as a collector of all pointless u2 related items i don't mind . :D

There's a lot of mistakes in there. Stephen Dalton and Bud Scoppa, or whatever his name is, made me quite cross when I read what they had written on Bomb and No Line. First of all didn't ATYCLB sell 11 million not 12. HTDAAB sold 10 million not 9. So no, the difference in sales is not hugely different especcially when you consider that even in 2004 CD sales were decreasing (there was an article in the Rolling Stone in the same edition when U2 appeared in it). Maybe Bomb could've been considered to be more successful than ATYCLB because it won Grammies, and what luke warm reception did it receive? The idiot called Jon Earls who obviously dislikes the band fullstop, and the odd random guy on the internet. But that album received great reviews you silly plank Mr Dalton. Maybe he's on here because this is where you find people who bleat that music should be innovative. I'm not sure Oasis fans concern themselves with the same worries, since their music changed over the past 15 years. I don't know hay that he put that Ipod commercial was a sellout even when Larry said on the following page that they didn't get paid for doing the commercial. Don't they have an editor? Other bands followed suite by allowing their music to be on Itunes but because U2 were the first to allow all their songs to be available on there they get criticized. Pop sold 9 million not 7.
Plus putting many layers in songs serves to disguise bad voices or crap singing, so it is a negative not a possitive. It's better for songs to be stripped back.

I only paid £6 for it because I liked the pictures in it. I'm now begining to regret this discision as a waste of money

Last edited:
^ It is true, there are a lot of mistakes. It's basically a compilation of album reviews written by different people, hence the many contradictions. Some of the album ratings seem very weird, and they didn't get the track orders right for some albums. Also, a lot of cases where they simply didn't get their historical facts right, and wrong song names. The discography is not complete and they missed out on a lot of other stuff, like the list of coverversions U2 has done. You'd think with such a supposedly comprehensive piece on a band, they could at least do some research and some editing.

ordered mine no worries :up: 24.99 US though for aussies which works out to just over $30 australian , but as a collector of all pointless u2 related items i don't mind . :D

:) which site did you order it through?
I've been haunting my local newsagent for weeks . . . think they may in fact have hired a security guard just to keep the 'creepy weird lady in purple' out of their store :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom