South Park Bono....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, the point was "we don't give a shit about award shows"
or "here is the show you just gave an award to!! making a 30 minute poop joke!"

then they upped the ante

"who can we find that actually covets these awards?"

"Britney Spears blah blah etc. been done.. how about we get the sacred cow?"

So they combined the two and it worked, IMO.

They respect the guy, I'd bet, given their vast 80's knowledge I'd even bet they have U2 records but nobody deserves a lashing more than a guy who gets on stage and proclaims himself in the best band in the world after receving a meaningless award.

He was the perfect choice, really. It would have been easier to make fun of almost anyone else, they took on the media darling.

South Park gets better because the writing is getting more subversive, with layers.
It used to be the poop joke and nothing but the poop joke. Lately, they've left that up to Family Guy and have tried to take it to the next level. It doesn't always work but when it does, it's fucking money in the bank.

just saw this one from S11 today - it was the only one i had missed

awesome

so funny

anyone who gets offended by South Park has no sense of humour

I hate South Park, it's not my kind of humour, not just the Bono episode, the whole show, I think it's dumb.

But Bono said in an interview that he knows "his" episode, his kids are playing it all the time and he thinks it's really funny.

Um, ok.

Honestly, the creators have defended themselves time and again saying "it isn't offensive, because we offend everyone".

Seriously, If something south park does offends you, you need to probably have a pretty hard look at yourself. You take things too seriously.

I love South Park, but will reiterate that this episode wasn't one of their finer moments. Bono is such an easy target that you would think Matt and Trey could come up with something better. It's not offensive, just weak material in this instance.

I love South Park, but will reiterate that this episode wasn't one of their finer moments. Bono is such an easy target that you would think Matt and Trey could come up with something better. It's not offensive, just weak material in this instance.

Really?

They way the did it was total homage.

They blabbed for ages about the awards he's won, his charity work, etc. The piece of shit thing was such an astute commentary on the attitudes and opinions of those that DON'T admire him.

I hate South Park, it's not my kind of humour, not just the Bono episode, the whole show, I think it's dumb.

But Bono said in an interview that he knows "his" episode, his kids are playing it all the time and he thinks it's really funny.

Um, ok.

Yay, Bono is okay after all.

Agreed, they just used all the regular jokes. I would've expected better jokes on the awards and such..

Ah well, at least there are plenty of great episodes!

Back
Top Bottom