Songs where all 4 members shine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Mysterious Ways

They create an exotic setting through Larrys drumming. Adam delivers a driving bass line underneath that allows Edge to create his unique memorable riffs. Bono is just the sexually infused icing on the cake.

God Part II

The song is U2 weaponized. Larry sounds like he is actually having fun with a his machine gun snare. Adam has to drive the song for 50 seconds until Edge comes in with his razor sharp riff. RH is the peak of Bono's vocal abilities, and the raw power and range is on full display as the verses build.

EDIT: Oops meant to put this thread in the General EYKIW. Admins can we move this over?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Everything on JT and Achtung Baby

Your Blue Room

Hypnotic drum beat, one of Bono's best vocal performances, a beautiful organ riff and a simple but effective guitar solo by The Edge and Adam on vocals! How could one ask for more?

Gotta be Please.. All 4 at their best

I agree. IMO "Please" (especially the live versions, once they got the right arrangement) is probably the best all 4 members have ever sounded together. The fact that they never tried it again makes me like the band a little less. The song wasn't very good early on in Popmart, but by the time they got to Europe and beyond it was pure perfection.

The Rattle & Hum version of With Or Without You, because Bono specifically mentions how we (they) shine.

You know, like stars. In the summer night.

1491788907829100685_zpsc2ortl7t.gif

I'll say it...

Acrobat.

Larry's heaving, powerful 6/8 rolling drum line along with Adams subsonic bass rumble conjure a dark, gray sea heaving toward a shattered coastline.

Bono's angry lyrics and delivery that veers between cathartic and disarming fits with the push and pull of the rhythm to conjure the waves that alternately pull back from the shore then crash upon it - full force.

The Edge is the storm. Lightning, rain, gale force winds whipping it all into a frenzy.

They're a great fucking band.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Song for Someone.
Edge's defining moment as a guitarist and his most anus tearing solo to date, Bono's greatest lyrical effort in a long time, and Adam plays some bass.
In A Little While.
Bono's voice is in peak form, Edge is on fire, Larry plays some drums, and Adam does him some bass.
The Wanderer.
Bono's greatest vocal delivery. I don't know how he makes his voice sound so gravelly, but man it sounds good. That loud ringing at the end is what separates The Edge from all other guitarists. It blows my mind how many different sounds that man can make from a guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kite from down under was the last time I felt they reached that orgasmic level. Just a wonderful backing track, and Edge plays one of his best solos

I agree. IMO "Please" (especially the live versions, once they got the right arrangement) is probably the best all 4 members have ever sounded together. The fact that they never tried it again makes me like the band a little less. The song wasn't very good early on in Popmart, but by the time they got to Europe and beyond it was pure perfection.

Does this wonderfully described iteration of Please exist anywhere in the interwebs?? Other than Mexico I've only heard the studio version...

I remember watching the MTV Awards that year just for U2. I remember thinking that was a very strange song choice, and that U2 felt very out of place in that show.

But that performance was so good.... So raw .... So real... They blew everyone else away.

Back
Top Bottom