songs we like better than one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the most pointless thread I've seen yet.

I know -- let's pick a sacred cow and then fall all over ourselves to out-do each other in saying how much we don't like it. Because it's, like, cool when you're 8 years old and on the playground to say that you don't like the teacher!

I feel sorry for U2 "fans" who don't like U2's best songs. Fortunately, most of you don't have time to enjoy music since you spend your waking hours posting ridiculous threads.

It's also cool when you're eight years old to unnecessarily barge in and argue about banal, dumb things, rather than just letting them be.

I'm sorry we can't all be as great as you.

I know -- let's pick a sacred cow and then fall all over ourselves to out-do each other in saying how much we don't like it. Because it's, like, cool when you're 8 years old and on the playground to say that you don't like the teacher!

I feel sorry for U2 "fans" who don't like U2's best songs. Fortunately, most of you don't have time to enjoy music since you spend your waking hours posting ridiculous threads.

hi,

lighten up.

much love,
me.

Thread-I_like_where_this_thread_is_.jpg

if you do indeed like this song you are most certainly welcome to have that opinion. you can even come in this thread and say so. however, do not attempt to instigate an argument to get the thread closed or insult anyone who doesn't like one.

that is all.

One is U2's best song.
(wowy,bad,streets, and stay are all amazing, but one is the best.
listen to all the new u2 songs, not even one song has come close to the power of that One song called (One)

U.N.O !

Better than One

Also better than One

10 times better than Lemon

To be honest I'm actually getting back into One. I've got a copy of the Irving Plaza 2000 gig mixed to 5.1 and I fired that up the other day. It's got One with the Walk On snippet and I was really digging it. If you can get past all the extracurricular stuff (20 minute speeches before each live performance, people miscasting it as a wedding song, etc) it's actually a pretty good song. Not the icon/sacred cow it's become, but it's good.

And I actually like that Creed song, and the Mary cover. :reject:

I'd just like to point out that I had no idea One was such a popular song until some time after I'd become a slightly-more-than-casual fan and it seemed expected of me to like it. Actually, it wasn't played that much over here, and everyone I knew preferred other U2 songs. So yeah, I tried to get into it, but it didn't really ever do anything for me. Actually, I thought it sucked pretty bad. So it was never a case of me trying to rebel from the norm or whatever mad theory you want, it was just that I think it's a shitty song that sucks, regardless of twenty minute speeches and anything else you want to stick under it.

I mean, that's just me, though. I think it's the kind of song that could be written by any old schmuck, but then there are others that think it's a once-in-a-lifetime gift from the good lord. Hey, whatever builds your pad.

In conclusion... doesn't this guy look like Mika?

highfive.jpg

I think it's the kind of song that could be written by any old schmuck, but then there are others that think it's a once-in-a-lifetime gift from the good lord. [/img]

I often listen to hit songs and say 'wtf, that is so simple and obvious..I could have written that shit!'. But the fact is, I didn't. In fact, my songs are so hopelessly complex and personal not to mention almost impossible to sing along to unless high or blitzed out of one's mind that they likely would never see the light of day. The beauty of a song like One is exactly the opposite of that: it could have been written by anyone, it's simple, universal, and can be embraced by everyone. To write a song that fits that last sentence takes a gift. Ask any songwriter. :yes:

I often listen to hit songs and say 'wtf, that is so simple and obvious..I could have written that shit!'. But the fact is, I didn't. In fact, my songs are so hopelessly complex and personal not to mention almost impossible to sing along to unless high or blitzed out of one's mind that they likely would never see the light of day. The beauty of a song like One is exactly the opposite of that: it could have been written by anyone, it's simple, universal, and can be embraced by everyone. To write a song that fits that last sentence takes a gift. Ask any songwriter. :yes:

I asked myself, and I still think it sucks!

But whatever, Gabe. I'm cool with it all. Hey, I'll order the next round since I'm being such a mad kid.

You've started early. Then again, it is Friday. We'll get along juuuuust fine :wink:

:hi5:

Oh, it's late over here and I was driving all night, but that doesn't mean you can't kick the Friday into gear yet. Also, you may respect what I happen to be drinking at this moment:

lMauditeLogo.jpg

Out of a Unibroue glass, of course.

oh and uh shit yeah this:

YouTube - Ace Of Base - All That She Wants

Way better than One. Who could argue? It is a damn good song.

Could you please record yourself singing this? Because your post > One.

I'm thinking that this is just a fun thread and that nobody really actually hates One. :D

Could you please record yourself singing this? Because your post > One.
you should record it and include it as a bonus track to new zealand > you. :angel:

oh and for the record, i've never cared for one. it bored me to death when i got the album back in 91, and i just chalked it up to me being a kid and not knowing better. but nope, now that i'm an old fart, i still don't like it.

well, i don't like one.

even when i first heard it on the best of 1990-2000, it didn't jump out at me like almost every other track did.

I personally don't mind One, it's a tad overrated and doesn't come close to Stay, Bad and all.

Back
Top Bottom