Songs that have changed 180-degrees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2861U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Just for fun, are there any songs that you feel completely different about now than you used to feel? Are there any songs you love that you originally hated, or vice versa? Not a slight change, but a 180-degree flip.

Used to hate but now love:
Winter- "butter on toast" line is still one of their worst ever, but it really is a beautiful song
Cedarwood Road- was my least favorite on SOI initially, now probably my second-favorite
Like A Song
Red Flag Day- I know it's early, but I'll add it anyway. It was my least favorite upon first listen of SOE, now it's near the top
Walk On

Used to love but now hate:
Last Night On Earth- was my favorite U2 song at one point, now in my bottom three on Pop
Always- was in my top 5 at one point
Get On Your Boots
Elvis Presley And America- was my favorite from TUF at one point

What about you? Any songs for which your opinion has changed 180 degrees over time?

I hated—HATED— Lemon when it first came out. When I went to the Popmart show and saw the giant Lemon sitting on stage my first thought was, "Christ, not that dumb song." Now, of course, it's one of my favorites.

I hated—HATED— Lemon when it first came out. When I went to the Popmart show and saw the giant Lemon sitting on stage my first thought was, "Christ, not that dumb song." Now, of course, it's one of my favorites.

latest

I didn't like Please at first. Now I ask myself how I could be that stupid. I also used to really like If God Will Send His Angels. Same response.

I didn't like Raised By Wolves until I heard it live (still not crazy over the album cut but the live version is killer).

I'd skip The Wanderer when I was 14. It's now probably my most listened to song on the album next to Stay and Dirty Day.

I think that's it. I listen to a lot more early 80s stuff than I did when I first started getting into the band. Don't think that counts, as I never hated that part of their history.

Back
Top Bottom