Songs of Innocence vs Ghost stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great topic for a U2 forum!

I'm sure you'll get many thoughtful, objective and varied answers in the spirt with which this thread was created. I suggest you make a sister thread over at the Coldplay forum for similar thoughtful, objective and varied responses.

Oh, why not add a poll!

More thread ideas:

At the Green Bay Packers Forum: "Packers vs. Vikings. Who's better"?
At the Republican National Committee Forum: "Better ideas: Republicans or Democrats"?
At the Justin Bieber Forum: "Justin vs. Cody: Who's more dreamy"?

Oh please not even a contest.

Even just looking at Coldplay albums - Ghost Stories falls below Rush of Blood to the Head, Viva La Vida, Parachutes and X&Y.

Chris Martin is the worst lyricist in the history of rock music. The album sucks for this reason alone:

'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
I'm gonna give you my heart
'Cause you light up the path

I don't care, go on and tear me apart
I don't care if you do, ooh
'Cause in a sky, 'cause in a sky full of stars
I think I saw you

I wanna die in your arms
'Cause you get lighter the more it gets dark
I'm gonna give you my heart

I don't care, go on and tear me apart
I don't care if you do, ooh
'Cause in a sky, 'cause in a sky full of stars
I think I see you
I think I see you

'Cause you're a sky, you're a sky full of stars
Such a heavenly view
You're such a heavenly view

Whether you think SOI is better than Ghost Stories or not, looking at it from a slightly different angle, it's perhaps fair to say, in the current industry, it will be hard for any singles from SOI to be bigger hits than Magic and Sky Full Of Stars were.

However, that's of course down to the reality that, Coldplay are arguably now twice as more relevant in the mainstream than U2, sadly.

Whether you think SOI is better than Ghost Stories or not, looking at it from a slightly different angle, it's perhaps fair to say, in the current industry, it will be hard for any singles from SOI to be bigger hits than Magic and Sky Full Of Stars were.

However, that's of course down to the reality that, Coldplay are arguably now twice as more relevant in the mainstream than U2, sadly.

just proves that relevancy has nothing to do with quality.

my four year old can come up with better lyrics than Martin. What a joke.

just proves that relevancy has nothing to do with quality.

my four year old can come up with better lyrics than Martin. What a joke.

Slightly harsh to criticise a musician who firstly, Bono speaks very highly of (excl. the 2009 w****r comment, which was a joke anyway), and secondly, someone who I believed worked on SOI to some capacity?

Gee, I wonder what consensus we might possibly get in a U2 vs. Coldplay thread, posted on a U2 forum.

or what Nick said.

I don't see this going anywhere productive, or anywhere really other than an opportunity to snipe at each other, so...

Chris Martin literally can't get through an interview without letting slip how much he loves U2, subtly or not. I'll never understand the hate they get here given how much respect (and downright fanboyism) they've shown for U2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom