Songs of Ascent lives! The third part of a the trilogy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hollow Island

New Yorker
In 2009, Bono promised that U2 would quickly follow up No Line on the Horizon with a more meditative companion album, Songs of Ascent. There has been no sign of it since, but Bono now sees it as the third part of the trilogy. "Songs of Ascent will come," he promises. "And there are some beautiful songs."

:lol:
U2 Take On the World: Inside Rolling Stone's New Issue | Rolling Stone

After it's released, U2 will tour with the reunited Talking Heads and the Smiths.

that's the album i want to hear most. hopefully it's laid back and doesn't feature any videos of bono pretending to bite a camera lens.

In all seriousness it's the album I want to hear the most, but I really doubt we'll ever hear it, at least in its original form. And really, what are odds that they, Eno, and Lanois will go back to material that they'd worked on a decade previously. I'm assuming that if they did go back to it it would occur after the 2015/15 tour and time off afterwards.

I would be interested in hearing the Danger Mouse album which was to be released in April that was scrapped which they mentioned in the Rolling Stone interview.

Its great to know that there are 2 more records coming soon from U2 :applaud:

I would love to hear all of those other 100+ songs that were done in the studio
ovee these past 5 years, but were scrapped. I am sure there are some very good
songs.

What if "Songs of Ascent" turns out to be Bono singing in Opera style? :hmm:

You now what they say,
the Show is never over until the fat lady sings, or in this case,
until Bono sings :lol: AAAHAHAHAAH

I think they do have two more albums left in them before they retire to run the "trout farm". Fifteen would be a good number to go out on, and ending on a trilogy would be nice. *If* Songs of Ascent will be their last (and that's a pretty fucking big if), it would be enormously fitting for them to do it with Eno and Lanois, and do a bunch of new songs with them as well. Just no "guest" producers this time *cough*will.i.am*cough* please.

that's the album i want to hear most. hopefully it's laid back and doesn't feature any videos of bono pretending to bite a camera lens.

Oh, that? That's just a little bit of The Fly that still lives in Bono. He comes to the surface every once in a while........

I think they do have two more albums left in them before they retire to run the "trout farm". Fifteen would be a good number to go out on, and ending on a trilogy would be nice. *If* Songs of Ascent will be their last (and that's a pretty fucking big if), it would be enormously fitting for them to do it with Eno and Lanois, and do a bunch of new songs with them as well. Just no "guest" producers this time *cough*will.i.am*cough* please.

Totally agree, an Eno/Lanois led finale would be my dream endgame for them.

I've heard from some of my inside sources that the next album will only consist of pictures of Bono with this mouth open, won't even show the other members. Moreover, they're going back and rewriting their own songs instead of making new ones. It'll be called "Rewrite" and will be released next spring. Producers are will.i.am. and Shakira. Guest vocals by Mary J Blige, Rihanna, and Adele.

Leaked track titles include: Every Baking Cake, Sometimes You Can't Bake It On Your Own, I Threw Up In The Burger King Drive Thru Window, Do You Feel Hungry, If You Make That Velveeta Queso, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Get Gravy On The Side. Bono has been on the record as saying, "this is an extraordinary, extra ordinary, and ordinarily extra record."

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom