Songs for Someone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dublin

The Fly
My Mother has about six months left. Cancer. Throughout the fight she has displayed extreme strength and courage. It's become clear that this will be our last Mother's Day together. If this journey has given us anything it has shown us the value of time.

Instead of buying her something she can't take with her for Mother's Day, I'm going to make her a CD of my favorite inspirational U2 songs. I'm planning on songs like Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYO, Iris, Kite, and Walk On. I'm going to print out the lyrics for each song and add comments of what they mean to me. I know my Mom, she'll listen to it and we'll both learn more about each other through it. I'm planning on calling it Songs for Someone.

My ask of you is - if you've been through something like this or if you can put yourself in my shoes for a moment - what songs would you recommend and why?

I appreciate you reading this and your time. Thank you :)

Sorry to hear about your mom and what you guys are going through :hug:

But this should probably be placed in Everything You Know is Wrong (or Just the Bang and the Clatter if you aren't just looking for U2 songs). You'll get a much better response there, and it's not really an FYM thread anyhow. Just saying, you might want to re-create this there, or PM a mod and ask them to move it over.

Sorry to hear about your mom and what you guys are going through :hug:

But this should probably be placed in Everything You Know is Wrong (or Just the Bang and the Clatter if you aren't just looking for U2 songs). You'll get a much better response there, and it's not really an FYM thread anyhow. Just saying, you might want to re-create this there, or PM a mod and ask them to move it over.

That's great advice Dave - thanks so much. You're right I was a little unsure of where to place this. I'll definitely take your advice ;)

So sorry dublin. I was in your shoes back in 2007 with my mother. Cherish every moment. What I can tell you from my experience is that as tough as those last days were, I'll never forget the courage she had. It's not an easy road because there isn't one. Stay brave for her.
Kite (live) bside to Windows in the Sky. My mom loved this one, but my dad always ended up in tears by the end of it.
I'm open to a pm if you want my experience or questions.
Take care.

From experience; Falling at your feet, Grace, One Tree Hill, Popmart version of Streets, Never walk alone cover, Amazing Grace cover, Stand by Me, Bad/40 live at end of concert...to name a few.

I have digital copies of all the above if you don't, and I will look up my past CD's to see what else I put on there. Peace and grace to you and your Mom.

My Mother has about six months left. Cancer. Throughout the fight she has displayed extreme strength and courage. It's become clear that this will be our last Mother's Day together. If this journey has given us anything it has shown us the value of time.

Instead of buying her something she can't take with her for Mother's Day, I'm going to make her a CD of my favorite inspirational U2 songs. I'm planning on songs like Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYO, Iris, Kite, and Walk On. I'm going to print out the lyrics for each song and add comments of what they mean to me. I know my Mom, she'll listen to it and we'll both learn more about each other through it. I'm planning on calling it Songs for Someone.

My ask of you is - if you've been through something like this or if you can put yourself in my shoes for a moment - what songs would you recommend and why?

I appreciate you reading this and your time. Thank you :)

how are you holding up? Hope your mom is doing well and that you are able to spend as much time with her as possible.

God bless you and hope things somehow get better.....there's always hope.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

how are you holding up? Hope your mom is doing well and that you are able to spend as much time with her as possible.

God bless you and hope things somehow get better.....there's always hope.

Thanks for your kind response, just saw it :) My mom passed away six weeks ago, but I did get to share the CD with her on one of her last good days. God bless.

Back
Top Bottom