Song transitions you'd like to hear live? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
War Child
 
Scorpionac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: AB, Canada
Posts: 889
Local Time: 09:36 AM
Song transitions you'd like to hear live?

What are some song pairings you think would sound good live?

I've always thought Lemon into Beautiful Day might work well. Ending with "Midnight is where the day begins" and then BD kicks in. And they've both got shimmery synths to connect them sonically. Another that could work is Discotheque into Vertigo. I find the lyrical theme similar in both, and it would be a good one-two punch of rock and roll with great riffs. Finally, I wonder if Cedarwood Road into Streets would be good. Connecting the street Bono grew up on with the idea of a place with no street names.

Okay, your turn.
__________________

Scorpionac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
Refugee
 
kiwilad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Malmsbury Villa
Posts: 1,474
Local Time: 09:36 PM
Not original, but the ZooTV trifecta extraordinaire of Bullet, to the shimmer guitar Running, to Streets is about as perfect as it gets. I'd pay full concert price just to see that one more time.
__________________

kiwilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:57 PM   #3
Refugee
 
mofo82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 1,508
Local Time: 04:36 AM
I'd love to hear a plugged in full band version of 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet' into 'Magnificent'. This might sound artsy but the moment I first heard magnificent I immediately envisioned the hotel room in the video for TGBHF & imagined sunlight creeping in through the window, clouds breaking and the band going from the pain in TGBHF to the joy of Magnificent. They seem like sonic cousins too, similar vein. I have no doubt they'd make a beautiful combo live
mofo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:29 PM   #4
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 152,733
Local Time: 08:36 PM
I've always wanted them to do Beach Sequence, even an abbreviated version, as the intro to NYD. It throws a bone to the diehards without alienating the casuals, who'd just think it was some special live extended intro rather than an obscure song.

I think U2 really missed a trick this tour by not using A Sort of Homecoming as the lead-in to Streets. Imagine Bono singing those final lines, "for tonight, at last, I am coming home", as the Streets organ comes in and the venue goes red.

And Exit into Bullet is fantastic. I performed it with my band once; it works well. We did the transition into Bullet before the first instrumental section, so that Exit really functioned as an extended intro, but you could just as well do it later after the "hands of love" verse or at the end, where U2 used to go into the Gloria snippet.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:35 PM   #5
War Child
 
Scorpionac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: AB, Canada
Posts: 889
Local Time: 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
Not original, but the ZooTV trifecta extraordinaire of Bullet, to the shimmer guitar Running, to Streets is about as perfect as it gets. I'd pay full concert price just to see that one more time.
I'm jealous you got to see it even one time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofo82 View Post
I'd love to hear a plugged in full band version of 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet' into 'Magnificent'. This might sound artsy but the moment I first heard magnificent I immediately envisioned the hotel room in the video for TGBHF & imagined sunlight creeping in through the window, clouds breaking and the band going from the pain in TGBHF to the joy of Magnificent. They seem like sonic cousins too, similar vein. I have no doubt they'd make a beautiful combo live
Yeah, I think The Ground Beneath Her Feet would fit comfortably alongside a lot of material from NLOTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I think U2 really missed a trick this tour by not using A Sort of Homecoming as the lead-in to Streets. Imagine Bono singing those final lines, "for tonight, at last, I am coming home", as the Streets organ comes in and the venue goes red.
That sounds amazing.
Scorpionac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:42 PM   #6
Refugee
 
kiwilad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Malmsbury Villa
Posts: 1,474
Local Time: 09:36 PM
Beach Sequence? What is this witchcraft of which you speak?

Edit. Found it, listened to it. God I hope SoA taps into this genius.
__________________

kiwilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×