Song transitions you'd like to hear live? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 09:36 AM
Song transitions you'd like to hear live?

What are some song pairings you think would sound good live?

I've always thought Lemon into Beautiful Day might work well. Ending with "Midnight is where the day begins" and then BD kicks in. And they've both got shimmery synths to connect them sonically. Another that could work is Discotheque into Vertigo. I find the lyrical theme similar in both, and it would be a good one-two punch of rock and roll with great riffs. Finally, I wonder if Cedarwood Road into Streets would be good. Connecting the street Bono grew up on with the idea of a place with no street names.

Okay, your turn.

Scorpionac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 09:36 PM
Not original, but the ZooTV trifecta extraordinaire of Bullet, to the shimmer guitar Running, to Streets is about as perfect as it gets. I'd pay full concert price just to see that one more time.

kiwilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:57 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 04:36 AM
I'd love to hear a plugged in full band version of 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet' into 'Magnificent'. This might sound artsy but the moment I first heard magnificent I immediately envisioned the hotel room in the video for TGBHF & imagined sunlight creeping in through the window, clouds breaking and the band going from the pain in TGBHF to the joy of Magnificent. They seem like sonic cousins too, similar vein. I have no doubt they'd make a beautiful combo live
mofo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:29 PM   #4
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:36 PM
I've always wanted them to do Beach Sequence, even an abbreviated version, as the intro to NYD. It throws a bone to the diehards without alienating the casuals, who'd just think it was some special live extended intro rather than an obscure song.

I think U2 really missed a trick this tour by not using A Sort of Homecoming as the lead-in to Streets. Imagine Bono singing those final lines, "for tonight, at last, I am coming home", as the Streets organ comes in and the venue goes red.

And Exit into Bullet is fantastic. I performed it with my band once; it works well. We did the transition into Bullet before the first instrumental section, so that Exit really functioned as an extended intro, but you could just as well do it later after the "hands of love" verse or at the end, where U2 used to go into the Gloria snippet.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:35 PM   #5
War Child

Local Time: 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
Not original, but the ZooTV trifecta extraordinaire of Bullet, to the shimmer guitar Running, to Streets is about as perfect as it gets. I'd pay full concert price just to see that one more time.
I'm jealous you got to see it even one time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofo82 View Post
I'd love to hear a plugged in full band version of 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet' into 'Magnificent'. This might sound artsy but the moment I first heard magnificent I immediately envisioned the hotel room in the video for TGBHF & imagined sunlight creeping in through the window, clouds breaking and the band going from the pain in TGBHF to the joy of Magnificent. They seem like sonic cousins too, similar vein. I have no doubt they'd make a beautiful combo live
Yeah, I think The Ground Beneath Her Feet would fit comfortably alongside a lot of material from NLOTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I think U2 really missed a trick this tour by not using A Sort of Homecoming as the lead-in to Streets. Imagine Bono singing those final lines, "for tonight, at last, I am coming home", as the Streets organ comes in and the venue goes red.
That sounds amazing.
Scorpionac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:42 PM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 09:36 PM
Beach Sequence? What is this witchcraft of which you speak?

Edit. Found it, listened to it. God I hope SoA taps into this genius.

kiwilad is offline   Reply With Quote