Song I thought was U2 at first

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmart Shopper

War Child
I remember when i first heard Is It Any Wonder by Keane I thought it was U2 until I really listened closely to the voice and realised it wasnt Bono.I was kind of dissapointed actually I was hoping it would be a new single for a new album of theirs,but it wasnt.If you listen to the effect on the beginning of Mercy it kind of sounds like the beginning effect on Is It Any Wonder too.Too bad Vida La Vida wasnt a U2 song also.

"All I Want" - Thomas Jefferson's Aeroplane

Seriously. I still think it's U2 sometimes. It's ridiculous. It's not just the singer's voice. But the type of guitar playing and the way the song explodes in the chorus.

"I kissed a girl" by katy perry. i could have sworn when I heard that beat it was Larry Mullen pounding the drums away, and thought Bono may have been doing a slightly different double vocal take. i was disappointed to hear it wasn't the new track from no line on the horizon.

:sigh:

"Move to Memphis" by A-ha. Came out in '92 and sounded nothing like A-ha but very much Achtung Baby.

"See the Lights" from Simple Minds also tricked me the first time I heard that on the radio

"Burst Wide Open" by Enation. When heard from another room, sounds very U2

I do hear some shades of Zoo Station in Is It Any Wonder...the former being much more well executed.

I am perfectly ok with Viva La Vida not being a U2 song! It has kind of, emphasize kind of, grown on me, but its certainly a poor attempt at Unforgettable Fire ambience, which Martin said they were going for.

Is it any wonder threw me at first, as did shadow of the day by Linkin Park. That is a clear take off of WOWY.

"I kissed a girl" by katy perry. i could have sworn when I heard that beat it was Larry Mullen pounding the drums away, and thought Bono may have been doing a slightly different double vocal take. i was disappointed to hear it wasn't the new track from no line on the horizon.

:sigh:

:drool:

I am perfectly ok with Viva La Vida not being a U2 song! It has kind of, emphasize kind of, grown on me, but its certainly a poor attempt at Unforgettable Fire ambience, which Martin said they were going for.

But the lyrics are so much better. All that poetic imagery. :heart: GREAT song :up:

But then of course, Bono is so much better looking than Chris Martin so........:shrug: it kind of evens out. :giggle:

UFO Song resembling All i want is you

The other day my brother was listening a 1976 album of the British band UFO, and, for my surprise he show me a song named "I´m a Loser" that start in a very similar way to All I Want is You!!

Here is a youtube link to the song:

YouTube - ufo

What do you think??....:hmm: Sorry for my bad english!

I did this the other day, had the music channel on in the background.......and I was like 'oooh more new u2 stuff'..........then I realised it was Kings of Leon.........I'm liking them, they do remind me a bit of u2.:drool:

Also people are saying snow patrol's 'if there's a rocket tie me to it' is a bit u2 like:ohmy:

The other day my brother was listening a 1976 album of the British band UFO, and, for my surprise he show me a song named "I´m a Loser" that start in a very similar way to All I Want is You!!

Here is a youtube link to the song:

YouTube - ufo

What do you think??....:hmm: Sorry for my bad english!

Oh, awesome. Next time I see someone claiming that Coldplay stole Viva La Vida from Joe Satriani (OMG THE CHORDS AND THE TEMPO ARE EXACTLY THE SAME!!!111!), I'm going to post this video...because if THIS isn't proof that musical coincidences can occur, I don't know what is.

Back
Top Bottom