Something i noticed in Red Hill Mining Town Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:bow: I love the song,I watched the vid for the first time in say,a while and it is better than the first time I remember seeing it.

Now New Year's Day is the best 80's vid,
nuf said.

The song rocks because of Bono's wailing. But other than that, it's a bit eh - almost a typical 80's political song (bombastic, trying to do too much, over-singing, over-emotional, etc.). But the "over-singing" works here and I feel this is a great example of Bono's vocals at the top of his range.

As for JT, many know I'm not a huge fan. Most songs blend into each other. Then there's the disaster called "Trip...".

I'd say "Streets", "Exit", "One Tree Hill" are the best. Then comes WOWY (really came alive in the JT/Lovetown era, but not much since), MOD and "I Still...". After that, eh.

Most 80s U2 videos are worthless. The only ones I find genuinely redeemable are Gloria, Streets, and AIWIY. However, a few are so bad that they have some intrinsic value. One of those is RHMT. I will never forget the meme that became here at Interference, and for good reason. Between TV Gaga and nearly releasing this as the first single, The Joshua Tree's success is a miracle in itself. U2 certainly weren't helping it along any.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom