So...where among the U2 DVDs will you rank Red rocks ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Under A Blood Red Sky
2. Zoo TV
3. Slane Castle [Elevation]
4. Popmart
5. Rockpalast '83
6. Vertigo [Milan-'Miss Sarejevo in front of an Italian audience = priceless]
7. Elevation [Boston]
8. Vertigo [Chicago]
9. The Best Of [1990-2000]
10. Rattle & Hum

In terms of energy and passion its right up there. They were never quite as full blooded as in the eighties.

Rattle and Hum
Paris 87
UABRS
Zoo TV
Popmart
Slane
Vertigo Chicago-Elevation Boston

1. UABRS
2. Paris
3. Rattle and Hum
4. Popmart
5. Vertigo Milan
6. Zoo TV

Elevation Boston will always be my favorite.

I don't know about this supposed "Red Rocks" thing, though.

Great show, shame about the extras.

That said, DVD wise, I don't think it's their best release. But it's probably my favourite concert officially released, or at least tied with Sydney.

1. Zoo TV
2 Under A Blood Red Sky
3. Rockplast 83
4 Best of 1990-2000
5 Rattle and Hum
6 Popmart
7 Elevation (Boston)
8 Vertigo (Chicago)
9 Slane
10 Vertigo - Milan-awful.

1. Sydney
2. Slane
3. Rattle and Hum/Red rocks (not sure yet)
4. Mexico
5. Chicago
6. Milan
7. Boston
8. Paris

01 Zoo-TV ( Sydney )
02 UABRS
03 R&H
04 Paris ( J.Tree )
05 Mexico ( Popmartians )
06 Slane ( Elevation )
07 Milan ( Vertigo )
08 Chicago ( Vertigo )

110 Boston ( Elevation )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

1. Rattle and Hum
there's a huge gab - and then

2. Live from Paris (Joshua Tree Deluxe Edition)
3. Red Rocks
4. Popmart Mexico
5. Chicago
6. Slane
6. Boston
7. ZooTV
8. Milan
ZooTV was perhaps there best tour - but the DVD just sucks - horrible video pictures. They really should have filmed this in 35mm and with a little bit more style.
I really hope for the MTV Special from Lovetown Syndey to be release sometime - Löwenstein did a great job directing that :drool:

Everything else pales in comparison to UABRS. With its setlist, it's a default #1 until a Lovetown DVD comes out.

And I say this having not yet seen the official DVD, just the video and the bootleg of the rest.

How many shows did they film on Lovetown ? The Sydney show from that TV special, Channel 10 footage (did they film the entire show?), and New Year's day in Dublin (IWF and Streets videos out so far) or is there more, Axver ?

definitely their best available concert film in my opinion then either Zoo TV/Popmart can't choose. Rattle and Hum has some fucking incredible performances in it and like someone else said until a full LoveTown show surfaces that's the way it's going to stay.

finally bought the deluxe UABRS yesterday, it's sat in my box with the other deluxe editions and i'm setting time aside this afternoon to watch it. Can't WAIT! :D

How many shows did they film on Lovetown ? The Sydney show from that TV special, Channel 10 footage (did they film the entire show?), and New Year's day in Dublin (IWF and Streets videos out so far) or is there more, Axver ?

The Sydney shows on 17, 18, and 19 November 1989 were all filmed. The doco contains footage from the 18th. I'm under the impression all of the NYE show was filmed too but not 100%.

The Channel 10 footage we have from 27 September 1989 is, to the best of my knowledge, all there is. TV film crews normally only film a couple of songs at the start of the show - we're probably lucky to have bits of Pride and Angel Of Harlem too.

I have seen some very brief (i.e. a few seconds) news crew footage from 21 September 1989, Perth, so I'm guessing that besides the fan-shot incomplete video of that night, there is also some news footage lurking in the vaults. Might be other news footage from other cities out there too. But that's obviously not on the level of the Sydney stuff in November 1989 or the NYE gig.

I wonder if during the 2006 Down Under shows they hooked up with Richard Lowenstein to discuss Lovetown footage...

In terms of the concert itself:

1. ZooTV Sydney
2. Red Rocks
3. Popmart
4. Chicago (Vertigo)
5. Boston (Elevation)
6. Slane (Elevation) I put Boston over it because the director did such a poor job visually.

I have seen parts of Paris but not the whole thing straight through. I have not Milan.

However, when it comes to special features on the DVD, Chicago and Red Rocks would be at the bottom.

Only ranking the full-concert DVDs:

1. JT Paris
2. UABRS
3. Zoo
4. Popmart
5. Slane
6. Boston
7th circle of hell - Chicago

why is everyone dissing Chicago? it was an awesome concert...the energy put on the Elevation song, anyone catch that? how about the very impressive Electric Co-Cath Dubh-into the heart beginning? i don't understand this..

why is everyone dissing Chicago?

More people have it higher than they do Boston

Boston while not my favorite easily beats it for me, it has Gone, In a little while, Kite, Stay, a great Streets, and a killer Fly, much better setlist

Back
Top Bottom