So what is the weakest U2 song ever, then?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack Bauer

The Fly
So these are the weakest U2 songs... oh i mean in my opinion,
WAS
GOYB
Miami
Peace on earth
Grace

But which one is the worst? Or even though i just lined up the weakest U2 songs, you think another song?

Well Miami is actually not that bad if you compare it to those other songs.

And well, if i have to choose, GOYB. Also, the answer "U2 has no weak songs" automatically means GOYB, mkay?

I don't know :huh:.... Treasure? :huh: Maybe some boring instrumental? :huh:

WAS
GOYB
Miami
Peace on earth
Grace

I will agree with Peace on Earth and Grace... I will also add:

Babyface
Yahweh (album version)

I can't decide which song I like the least...

Shadows and Tall Trees
Love Rescue Me
Babyface
The Playboy Mansion
Yahweh

Of these, probably SATT.

Elvis Presley And America
Miami
Scarlet

What the freaking flying FUCK, people....

I don't care....I enjoy every U2 song. I have some favorites, and I like some more than others, but if U2 is playing then I am happy.

What the freaking flying FUCK, people....

This.

Babyface is driven by one of the catchiest melodies U2 has ever put on record.

Elvis Presley And America is atmospheric, moody, heavy and mellow at the time time, beautiful, and unlike anything else U2 has ever done.

All imo, of course.

I'd say Elvis Presley & America only because it could have been so great. It's one thing to experiment with a vocal ad-lib, but it's another to wreck a good song and take up a spot on an otherwise spectacular album.

It's neat as an experiment, but that's my least favorite.

"Hidden Track" on the Deluxe Boy sucks pretty bad. I don't like Red Light too much. Is That All is meh too. Endless Deep doesn't do anything for me either.

:rolleyes: oh come on, there isn't one U2 song that you ever skip?

I skip some, sure, but not everytime...I can say I do enjoy all of their songs on some level. Okay, I forgot. I will say I am not always in the zone for a couple of the B-sides on The Joshua Tree re-release such as, what's that spoken word one? I can't say I am always dying to hear that one, although the lyrics are interesting. Plus, for example, I have not heard every single U2 song out there. Don't have the Boy, October or War re-releases yet, but I am familiar with most of the songs there. I do prefer Party Girl live as opposed to the recorded one. Not a big fan of Bono's voice in that version.....that would be my really late night karaoke voice..haha. I think my voice sounds cool when I sing like that, but I am sure others might not. but, still I can enjoy that version of the song on occasion as well. That's just a few examples, but mostly just like to have U2 playing.

Oh my god! Im not alone! :hi5:

I like pretty much everything else. IGWSHA is just too...um...bland, mainstream, trying to be something its not and uninspired to me (it has good lyrics though)
I agree
except for the 'good lyrics' part :wink:

you can delete GOYB off that list. :angry:
I can't.

Seriously, i can't edit my message anymore :sexywink:

Yeah SATT has pretty weak lyrics, very weak actually.

'RED LIGHT' by far. Not their finest moment.
Really? Red Light is not that bad to me. It is the weakest song on the album though, but still, it is not the weakest U2 song by far imo.

SATT and a day without me and the ocean
A day without me? Thats one of my favorites:| I first saw the Red Rocks version, and i immediately liked the song.

Actually The playboy mansion grew on me. Not exactly a good song, but it i don't think it is that bad anymore.

GOYB is still pretty bad.

Back
Top Bottom