So did Edge's SG get turned into scrap wood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edit: Read this wrong...thought you meant the Elevation tour, not the song, for some reason...

He did use it at every show on Vertigo for Elevation, so, my guess is no.

I hope so. I'm not a big fan of the guitar... maybe because I'm not a big fan of the song. But yeah, it was used on the Vertigo Tour.

I like "Elevation". U2 fans are so picky. It's a fun rockin' song. After the downer that was JT, I wanted U2 to rock. And sometimes I just want a fun song. As simple as the lyrics are, they are still about finding God. How's that for a song with "mole in a hole"? :)

As for the guitar - can't help ya. But it looks like it's still being used.

Edge seems to have a history of guitars that just seem to disappear. While the explorer, the gretsch, the rick, the cream les paul and the black strats keep coming back tour after tour, what ever happened to the strat he used for The Fly on the Sydney dvd? The one with a skeleton and a snake painted on it. And the goldtop les pauls were all over PopMart but haven't been seen since. So, who knows? We may never see the SG again (unless they do Elevation on the new tour).

After the downer that was JT, I wanted U2 to rock.

and you don't think they accomplished this until Elevation? Have you ever heard of an album called Achtung Baby? :wink:

I kid. I agree with you on Elevation, it's a fun song, I like it too. Not a U2 classic but it's GREAT live. totally rockin'.

The SG is badass. I love SGs. My cousin has one, great to play. I love my Explorer but I want a more lightweight guitar too...maybe Edge can give me his SG if he's done with it :wink:

Edge seems to have a history of guitars that just seem to disappear. While the explorer, the gretsch, the rick, the cream les paul and the black strats keep coming back tour after tour, what ever happened to the strat he used for The Fly on the Sydney dvd? The one with a skeleton and a snake painted on it. And the goldtop les pauls were all over PopMart but haven't been seen since. So, who knows? We may never see the SG again (unless they do Elevation on the new tour).

Edge uses the goldtop in concert for Until the End of the World. As far as the SG goes, I assume it's gone. It seems like he used it for that one particular wah-wah sound in Elevation.

The Eric Clapton Fender stratocaster was actually donated to the RRHOF as far as I know. So that might explain why it's not used.

The goldtop was used for UTEOTW on elevation and vertigo tours.

Back
Top Bottom