Sir Noel Gallagher backs U2 - despite not knowing anyone else who likes the band!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadForIt

Refugee
However, the 'Falling Down' rocker admits his bandmates - brother Liam Gallagher, guitarist Gem Archer and bassist Andy Bell - and friends in the music business don't share his love for the Irish group.

He added: "I am a fan and I wouldn't think that they could do a great deal wrong in my eyes. Well I have to say, much to the disgust of everybody else that I know in the music business, I'm actually a fan of U2. No one else I know likes them, but I do, I love them."

Noel Gallagher Interview by Oasis - Absolute Radio Media Player

He also talks about going for PM!
Says he is Glad U2 are opening the Brit Awards
Says he likes Boots

Its towards the end of the interview for those who wish to skip the other chitchat

Noel is getting better with time:

Said Kasabian and The Enemy are great..
and now this!

Congrats, Noel! :up:

He's a smart man is Noel.

Paul Weller is another person who's made no secret of his dislike for U2, funny that he also happens to be a close friend of Noel Gallagers.

Noel is a very cool person, i adore EVERYTHING he says. Liam is a bit of a gob shite though :lol:

Fuckin' Oasis, dude. It's hard to even give the music a chance when every member of the band is a complete tool.

Fuckin' Oasis, dude. It's hard to even give the music a chance when every member of the band is a complete tool.

Yes, they say many stupid things but to many they are very influential figures - if you read about their lifestory you might understand why they act like they do.

Noel is right 99.9% of the time - he is also a comedic genius
Andy and Gem - no one really cares about but they to can be funny (see Dig Out Your Soul on the Streets)

Liam - got to give the guy credit for his self belief - he is also funny but not as much as Noel
His voice sometimes sucks but the tunes are designed for him - he suits the music

Well, the guys might be a bunch of idiots (I find Noel very funny though), but we're going to marry then or listen to their music? If the music is good, I usually, not always don't give a fuck about the band says, their personal beliefs, etc.

I like Oasis, but unfortunately, it seems every album they make is worse than the last. I keep trying to give them a chance, but they just don't have it anymore.

He added: "I am a fan and I wouldn't think that they could do a great deal wrong in my eyes. Well I have to say, much to the disgust of everybody else that I know in the music business, I'm actually a fan of U2. No one else I know likes them, but I do, I love them."

Good old Noel!! Now if only the rest of the closet U2 loving Rockstars could stand up and be counted!!

Noel must not know a lot of people.

U2's influence is pretty widespread. And there have been numerous bands - bands who are now big successes - who have openly admitted their love for U2 and how they have been influenced by U2.

So perhaps it would have been better to say that no one CLOSE to Noel loves U2 as much as he does.

Noel's a sir now? :wink:

But nice to hear him say that he loves U2, but that Liam, :madwife:.

I like Oasis, but unfortunately, it seems every album they make is worse than the last. I keep trying to give them a chance, but they just don't have it anymore.

The only Oasis album I listened to before Dig Out Your Soul was Morning Glory (which I like a lot). But I think Dig Out Your Soul has some great songs. However they should have made it an 8 track album AT MOST instead of an 11 track album. Theres a few fillers which kinda bring the album down a little bit, but I love 4 of the first 5 songs.

People outside the UK wont understand what Noel and Oasis mean to people

They are normal guys - not amazing musicians - basic talent- masses of self belief and they made it. If it wasnt for his brother, Liam would be on a building site or in jail right now
Liam can not sing like Bono or Freddie Mercury but that is part of the charm - proof that you and i could be a rock n roll star - that anyone could be on that stage and growl like he does- but for Oasis he is perfect, the greatest frontman in the world
I dont want Liam to dance on stage - i want that glare, the tambourine is his mouth and Noel backing him up

Liam was on the dole and went to the job centre and said he wants to be a rockstar and the man told him to get lost - when DM went to #1 he went back and gave him a mouthful

Noel is my hero - he has been through hell yet 90% of Oasis songs are about living life to the max, not caring about life's problems- about having belief in yourself to be someone
He could have easily wrote songs about how his dad beat him up, beat his mum up, how he was so traumatised that he used to have a stutter - he was dyslexic - got into a lot of trouble yet he still turned out to be the Godlike genius that he is - Noel even said that his childhood has never had a massive influence on the music as he did not want to send out a depressing message - he never had a music lesson in his life. He taught himself to play the guitar and wrote the best tunes ever

Kids in the uk from broken homes were given hope by Noel - people from working class areas stopped and listened as the songs were for them (primarily)- and millions of kids were encouraged to pick a guitar up for the first time when hearing Oasis - simple chords and melodys

Oasis is more than the music -its a mindset -its a religion, a way of life
I could post all night about how much i love this band

They are about the 2 brothers and i only have one brother myself who is Oasis mental too- he is the Noel type and I am Liam! (with a big mouth)

My priorities in life
1.My family
2.Me
3.Oasis

MAD FOR IT :drool:

Liam can not sing like Bono or Freddie Mercury

To me that was actually the charm of Popmart Bono and ATYCLB Bono. His voice was in rough shape during that time period but he still made it work in Popmart and made it work on Beautiful Day.

Back
Top Bottom