Sir Noel Gallagher backs U2 - despite not knowing anyone else who likes the band!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I knew I had another reason not to like him.

Ohh nice.

Well, I dislike Oasis for their attitude. Yes, the first two cds are good, but if I have to hear some arrogant twat cuss with every 2nd word he says it gets old soon for me.
I'm not a prude at all and I swear a fair lot myself, but seriously get a fuckin' vocabulary.

I'm an INXS and OASIS fan but I love the story of Hutchy getting into a fiery dispute with Liam at a pub in Dublin (which Bono himself had to resolve), and Hutchy left in a puff and went off home and wrote Elegantly Wasted, with the original lyrics of "IIIIIIIIIIIIIII I'm Better Than Oasis"

I'm an INXS and OASIS fan but I love the story of Hutchy getting into a fiery dispute with Liam at a pub in Dublin (which Bono himself had to resolve), and Hutchy left in a puff and went off home and wrote Elegantly Wasted, with the original lyrics of "IIIIIIIIIIIIIII I'm Better Than Oasis"

They better include that tale in the inevitably terrible Michael Hutchence movie, whenever the hell that's coming out.

This is the kind of stuff U2 have always had to contend with in the UK. U2 will never be seen as hip by the hipsters but who the hell cares? Noel has never hid his admiration for U2 and Liam has never said anyting good about them. As they have a new single coming out it's all good publicity, something Oasis are very good at.

People outside the UK wont understand what Noel and Oasis mean to people

They are normal guys - not amazing musicians - basic talent- masses of self belief and they made it. If it wasnt for his brother, Liam would be on a building site or in jail right now
Liam can not sing like Bono or Freddie Mercury but that is part of the charm - proof that you and i could be a rock n roll star - that anyone could be on that stage and growl like he does- but for Oasis he is perfect, the greatest frontman in the world
I dont want Liam to dance on stage - i want that glare, the tambourine is his mouth and Noel backing him up

Liam was on the dole and went to the job centre and said he wants to be a rockstar and the man told him to get lost - when DM went to #1 he went back and gave him a mouthful

Noel is my hero - he has been through hell yet 90% of Oasis songs are about living life to the max, not caring about life's problems- about having belief in yourself to be someone
He could have easily wrote songs about how his dad beat him up, beat his mum up, how he was so traumatised that he used to have a stutter - he was dyslexic - got into a lot of trouble yet he still turned out to be the Godlike genius that he is - Noel even said that his childhood has never had a massive influence on the music as he did not want to send out a depressing message - he never had a music lesson in his life. He taught himself to play the guitar and wrote the best tunes ever

Kids in the uk from broken homes were given hope by Noel - people from working class areas stopped and listened as the songs were for them (primarily)- and millions of kids were encouraged to pick a guitar up for the first time when hearing Oasis - simple chords and melodys

Oasis is more than the music -its a mindset -its a religion, a way of life
I could post all night about how much i love this band

They are about the 2 brothers and i only have one brother myself who is Oasis mental too- he is the Noel type and I am Liam! (with a big mouth)

My priorities in life
1.My family
2.Me
3.Oasis

MAD FOR IT :drool:

PREACH my man! Live forever!

As they have a new single coming out it's all good publicity, something Oasis are very good at.

Unfortunately for oasis thats about all they're good for, they've been on a downward spiral since Def. May. & their most recent album was proof if proof were needed of this, total FUCKIN' Crap!

Who the hell cares what any of 'em say or do, they're a bunch of hairy chimps, who support a fuckin' useless football team, if you could make a music/sport comparison, oasis would be citeh, & U2 would be UNITED!!!!!

:ohmy:

Really? Where the hell have I been? and more to the point, why haven't I seen this?

Off to google now..........:D

Oh you're going there, let me help you.

bonoliamnn2.jpg

bonoliamkisskl6.jpg

bonoliam2hl0.jpg

I like Oasis, but unfortunately, it seems every album they make is worse than the last. I keep trying to give them a chance, but they just don't have it anymore.

Honestly, kind of gave up on Oasis, as many have. Their new stuff doesn't touch their old stuff....but their old stuff is classic and I always go back to it.

What are you people on about??? Have you even given the last 2 albums a chance? I truly feel that Don't Believe The Truth and Dig Out Your Soul are 2 of the best mainstream albums made this decade! They give U2's last 2 a major run for their money. In fact, I'd sooner listen to DOYS a few more times than give Bomb another spin. No comparison!

Unfortunately for oasis thats about all they're good for, they've been on a downward spiral since Def. May. & their most recent album was proof if proof were needed of this, total FUCKIN' Crap!

Who the hell cares what any of 'em say or do, they're a bunch of hairy chimps, who support a fuckin' useless football team, if you could make a music/sport comparison, oasis would be citeh, & U2 would be UNITED!!!!!

:lmao:All good arguments! :up:

What are you people on about??? Have you even given the last 2 albums a chance? I truly feel that Don't Believe The Truth and Dig Out Your Soul are 2 of the best mainstream albums made this decade! They give U2's last 2 a major run for their money. In fact, I'd sooner listen to DOYS a few more times than give Bomb another spin. No comparison!

They were awlful! how the hell can you honestly think they were good? Kings of Leon out sold them by over 400,000 copies here in UK last year and Kings of Leon album was out a month after Oasis one was!

HaHa nice try! Oasis last two album were just plain rubbish!

Maybe it's just me then. :shrug: Here's how I would rank them:

1. Dig Out Your Soul
2. Don't Believe The Truth
3. All That You Can't Leave Behind
4. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

/subjectively objective factual opinion.

Zootlesque for PM!

and sales does not mean an album is good

KOL album is nothing special - Nickleback sell loads and they are awful

Great interview with Noel. It's always refreshing to have an outspoken musician voice opinion on things.

I'd love to examine why and how U2 are hated amongst the others in the business. I'd assume Noel was referring to peers in the UK music scene. Does Bono's extra curricular activities have much to do with it? Have they become too popular for their own good?

Maybe it's just me then. :shrug: Here's how I would rank them:

1. Dig Out Your Soul
2. Don't Believe The Truth
3. All That You Can't Leave Behind
4. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

/subjectively objective factual opinion.

Have 1 or the other of the chimps paid you to say that. dig out your soul is the worst album I've listened to since.......don't believe the truth, how on earth a group who blessed us with Def. Maybe can produce that sort of drivel is beyond me, maybe they've been watching citeh too much over the years and have become so used to watching absolute bollocks they can do nothing but produce the same!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom