SI sez U2 = Best Super Bowl Haltime evah...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danny Boy

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-U
:up:

U2.jpg

Super Bowl XXXVI - U2 - Top 10 Super Bowl Halftime Shows - Photos - SI.com

Havent watched that halftime performance in awhile. Good stuff. Probably obvious to everyone, but U2's performance is included in the bonus features of the Super Bowl XXXVI DVD. Its OOP but easy to find still.

a lot of emotion during that performance....obviously. bono's voice wasnt the best....then again....it really didnt have to be.:up:

BUT H3 H4D A US FLAG IN HIZ JACK3T!!>!>1.1.11111 :angry: HE'S A TOTAL SELLOUT WHY DOESN'T HE JUST MARRY IT GAAAAAAG

Poor Bono's voice was NOT in shape that day. It was one of the raspiest I've ever heard - he even strained on MLK. But "Streets" was an excellent song and really brought out the power of the moment. I heard stories of grown men crying with the display of names.

They should have retained that sequence of songs for the Vertigo Tour (I could survive without hearing "Pride" in concert again).

Agreed.

This was a cool concert... Bono's absolutely horrendous voice fit the concert well.

I thought U2 gave a great performance. Bono's voice was a bit rough, he was having some throat issues, but I would rather hear his natural voice than a fake echo.

Back
Top Bottom