Setlists for a hypothetical late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting looking building.
Holds 55k

Hard to imagine jamming the stage in there.

Guns and Roses (25k) last year and Katy Perry (35k) in 2005 have both played there.

Hope it sells well

Quite interested in how they'll handle the political stuff there especially if the tour continues the human rights themes from 2017. If it ends up being the last show of the tour they presumably wouldn't want to end on a quiet note either. Could make for some fireworks.

They will be politically correct on this tour and will not rock the boat in any of these Asian countries.

This tour is a token afterthought so I doubt they can be bothered.

I’m hoping for a more themed show, a longer run in and run out.

The 2017 shows were sandwiched between innocence and experience tours, but it is all fresh over here. I’d like to see them lead in with 6 or so older songs and one or two from SOI, then play the Joshua Tree. Then have 7-10 songs being a blend of 90s, 00s and SOE. Could work something like:

1. OOC
2. IWF
3. EBW full band
4. SBS
5. NYD
6. Pride
7. Bad

8-18 The Joshua Tree

19. EBTTRT
20. The Blackout
21. Elevation
22. Beautiful Day
23. Vertigo
24. Wild Horses
25. One
26. Love is Bigger

I've been hoping for something like this since this Joshua Tree homage was announced in January 2017. Good setlist! After consistently doing this many songs on the European leg of SOI, in cities they play all the time, I see no reason why they can't do it in places they've either never visited or haven't visited in over 10 years.

They will be politically correct on this tour and will not rock the boat in any of these Asian countries.

This tour is a token afterthought so I doubt they can be bothered.
If their intent was to avoid politics, they wouldn't be playing The Joshua Tree.

But you know this already. It just didn't fit with your "knock the band at all costs" thing you've got going on. I appreciate it, though. Gotta keep up appearances.

Ticket prices for Manila are crazy outside the GA floor!

I was looking for them, but someone on U2start put together a nice graphic. Yep, that’s pretty expensive. Not sure if they’ll fill the venue up, we shall see.

EDIT: U2songs is now saying there’s another show in Asia after Manila. Sorry to those who bought Seoul tickets thinking that was the last show.

Last edited:
I was looking for them, but someone on U2start put together a nice graphic. Yep, that’s pretty expensive. Not sure if they’ll fill the venue up, we shall see.

EDIT: U2songs is now saying there’s another show in Asia after Manila. Sorry to those who bought Seoul tickets thinking that was the last show.

Here's the graphic from u2songs' twitter:

EAyVi5gWkAA-viB.jpg

How'd they get all of those people to wear the same color shirts?

That arena must be huge

I watched this guns and roses video from their show. There was hardly anybody in GA and it looked like the sides of the stage had been lopped off.

I couldn't find any videos of Katy Perry's show that had a good perspective of the stage and crowd.

Is National Stadium in Kuala Lumpur the leader in the clubhouse for that possible last show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom