Setlists for a hypothetical late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 of 3 Things is possible:

1- The US set list , which was very lame and an underwhelming performance/set
2- The European set list, which was much better than the US set and would be a good choice
3- Same opening and ending of songs but with new (old) songs thrown in, including Joshua Tree songs....the big 3 plus 2 more like IGC, RHMT or Exit

My money is that you lucky bastards get option 3(yes, you haven’t had a show in X years...but this will make up for it).

I reckon you will get something along the lines of:

The Blackout
Lights Of Home
I will follow
Beautiful Day
Still Haven’t Found
Raised by Wolves
Ceaderwood Road
Exit
(Intermission - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me)
Elevation
Vertigo
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Acrobat
You're The Best Thing About Me Full acoustic
In Gods Country
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Get Out Of Your Own Way
Every Breaking Wave
City of Blinding Lights
With or Without you
encore(s):
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
13 (There Is A Light)

I would expect rotations of In Gods Country with Red Hill Mining Town, one of the SOI songs with Summer of Love/Red Flag Day , I will Follow with Gloria. I also think they will work in SOI songs as you haven’t heard them live yet (you aren’t missing much).

Now here is the gamble....they may try to focus more on fitting SOI songs in vs Joshua Tree, in which case you might get a (much) heavier dose of SOI/SOE. Now, I liked SOI but if I’m paying $150 for a ticket to see U2....I’ll take Streets/SHF/WoWY over anything on SOI or SOE but that’s just me.

Hope you guys get a 25 song set that’s a good balance of 80/90s and 00s/Songs(some of the new songs are very solid live).

Also, I am of the opinion that one of the biggest travesties of U2s live career is You’re the Best Thing and how it is played (and received). It will never happen, but I hope they retire it and play something else in its place. It’s embarrassingly bad live and it sucks any energy in the arena out the door and makes you question what the fuck happened to these guys and there is no “Streets” moment to take that shit burger taste of an experience out of your mouth. This is just my opinion and if others love the song live, then you need to question your musical tastes...I mean good for you [emoji6]

If the tour is in November-December, I wouldn’t expect an announcement before March. U2start.com had a pretty good thread on this topic. Apparently there was a video released of artists coming to Australia in 2019, and U2 were in that video, along with several other international artists who have already confirmed dates.

Yeah, the tour rumor seemed a stretch to begin with.

Even more preposterous is the idea that the band cares as much about Lovetown as U2 fans, particularly ones from Australasia, do.

Or that they would specifically commemorate it when they didn't even do anything for R&H's 20th or 25th anniversaries.

Ah ok. I was mistaken.

Well the band themselves did say they were going to be taking a long break this year. Maybe... we’ll see...

I’m torn since I’d like to see them tour at the end of the year, but if they do that would probably mean another year delay in album development. Will be hard to replicate the magic of the 2014-2018 cycle again, but maybe they have another one of those starting in 2020 or 2021. :)

Singapore fucking deserves a gig after almost getting one on Popmart in 1998. It'll be interesting to see if they'll venture to any other countries new to them. Lots of bands now hitting up Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and Malaysia, and of course a South Korean concert is hideously overdue. I still cannot believe the Vertigo Tour only featured Japan - even in 2006 the lack of South Korea in the itinerary was glaring, and the way global touring is now, it would be beyond baffling for them not to go there.

That problem is easily solved: this proposed, rumoured tour, is canned, and/or revealed to just be some stupid fuckwit's bored brain getting sucked in by a roadie's cousin's dead dog. That way, everyone is disappointed.

At this point absolutely the safest bet is that the tour is not going to happen. But by god if it does they better be more adventurous than just the usual.

Still waiting for them to play Van Diemen's Land in Van Diemen's Land.

At this point absolutely the safest bet is that the tour is not going to happen. But by god if it does they better be more adventurous than just the usual.

Still waiting for them to play Van Diemen's Land in Van Diemen's Land.
By adventurous do you mean that they'll cut 3 songs from opening night that didn't get the response they were looking for from the causals?

Then yes. They'll be adventurous.

I meant adventurous in the itinerary, rather than the usual Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth or Adelaide. At least make that "or" an "and" for the first time since 1989.

But yes, opening night will have the sole performance of Hawkmoon 269 and because the Brisbane audience doesn't go Streets-level apeshit it'll be dropped.

I meant adventurous in the itinerary, rather than the usual Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth or Adelaide. At least make that "or" an "and" for the first time since 1989.

But yes, opening night will have the sole performance of Hawkmoon 269 and because the Brisbane audience doesn't go Streets-level apeshit it'll be dropped.
To be fair, Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth would be fairly adventurous for them based on the last three tours.

And in which of these places am I supposed to kick your ass?

I am looking forward to defeating you at JTLovetownABwhatever30 Wollongong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom