Setlists for a hypothetical late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney was a little slower but all sorted. On computer I'm still in the 'queue'...

I feel like ticket buying has got a lot easier in the last few years. I bought two GA for Melb and one for Bris within 60 seconds. Demand might not be as strong this time around, definitely. But I reckon in general it's become a lot easier to buy tickets. Seems to be less degenerates like ourselves hitting the buy button as soon as they open. And I think given it's been nine years, and there's a $70 gap between the cheap seats and GA, people took those. Those were sold out as soon as I logged in, the category five seats. Probably more of them than those shithouse behind-stage $40 seats from 360. Will be interesting to see how sales go overall, and how many of the extra shows we end up getting.

I actually would disagree - simply because the only times I have failed to get tickets to gigs I've wanted to attend have been in the past two years. I would have loved to attend one of The Cure's shows at the Sydney Opera House last week, but I did not even make it into the ballot for tickets, let alone have the chance to buy tickets themselves. And I failed to get tickets in both attempts to purchase U2 in London in 2017 - admittedly a British system rather than ours. I only got into those shows because friends secured tickets.

The Midnight Oil gig in Thirroul, holy fuck I cannot believe I got tickets to that. They were gone in the blink of an eye. I relied on the strategy of waiting ten minutes until the first rejected sales got thrown back into the pool, and scored one that way. Same deal with, of all bands, Royal Blood a couple of years ago.

Say what we will about how shit Internet sales were around 2005-10, I never failed to get in the venue and almost always got the ticket I wanted. Even in the US Ticketmaster clusterfuck of 2005 I got GAs to two out of three U2 gigs in Boston, and (surprisingly good) cheap seats for the third.

Had a quick look at all the AU/NZ shows and GAs have sold out for Melbourne so far (how many GAs are available in the general sale is anyone's guess).

The new Ticketmaster layout seems to be deliberately hard to navigate compared to what they had before, what a surprise.

What's suspicious is if Headache doesn't make it to the fight

Melbourne and Sydney GAs sold out
Still GAs for Auckland, but looks like very few seats available for less than $270
Looking good for second shows

Perth is too early to say

Last edited:
I thought the fight was meant to be for JT Melbourne. I suppose you could have a best of three.

Melbourne and Sydney GAs sold out
Still GAs for Auckland, but looks like very few seats available for less than $270
Looking good for second shows

Perth is too early to say
Yeah Sydney GA's sold out, but it did take a long time, over 8 hours. Last time I checked Brisbane this morning, you could still pull up 4 GA's, that's 20 hours into the presale! I guess the presales aren't well publicised, & who knows how big the ticket allocations are for GA.

Last edited:
hey now i wasn't calling either of you fat. but we all know that this fight is going to be mostly the two of you smashing into each other and grabbing at each other's underwear.

giphy.gif

Can we please return to the important topic that is me smashing a chicken parma before JT32 Melbourne and then smashing Headache?

The best of three is which one of us can slam down their pints quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom