rose bowl dvd....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. As soon as it's being planned I'm sure you'll hear it here the next second. It probably will be either christmas season 2010 or 2011 though.

no excuse for it to be 2011. no reason it can't get done right now. unless of course, they don't like how it came out.

Are you referring to other shows on the tour or specifically Anaheim shows? Montreal is going to have two mega shows in July...U2 is even footing the bill to build a temporary stadium ($3 million to be exact) on an old horse track. Would love to see these concerts put on a DVD as well. However, if this is not in the band's plans would love to see the Rose Bowl concert out for Christmas this year!

My guess is, if we were going to see the Rose Bowl DVD, we would have already seen it... You don't release music DVDs outside of the Christmas season anymore and this tour really could have used the extra hype. We'll get a post tour DVD and it will probably be from this upcoming leg.

Are you referring to other shows on the tour or specifically Anaheim shows? Montreal is going to have two mega shows in July...U2 is even footing the bill to build a temporary stadium ($3 million to be exact) on an old horse track. Would love to see these concerts put on a DVD as well. However, if this is not in the band's plans would love to see the Rose Bowl concert out for Christmas this year!

What are you talking about? Anaheim shows?
The Rose Bowl concert is the only concert sofar that has been shot for dvd. It has not happened in the past that U2 released a Dvd with multiple concerts on it, aside from mixes with 1st and 2nd night. So I'm not sure what you're meaning to say here.

The Rose Bowl concert is the only concert sofar that has been shot for dvd. It has not happened in the past that U2 released a Dvd with multiple concerts on it, aside from mixes with 1st and 2nd night. So I'm not sure what you're meaning to say here.

They gotta splice it up with other shows of course.

Was referring to this quote by TopplehatU2...that's all.

First of all hopefully they film another concert because the one at the Rose Bowl was nothing special. No Your Blue Room, Bad, Electrical Storm or I Will Follow!!! And to answer some other questions the Rose Bowl concert will not be a stand alone concert if released because, a) they have multiple cameras being used each night from other concerts and b) you can see in the clip below that Adam and Edge are filmed coming on stage at the Arizona gig...not to mention wearing the same clothes seen in the Rose Bowl concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2F-_Nj3BbI

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is, if we were going to see the Rose Bowl DVD, we would have already seen it... You don't release music DVDs outside of the Christmas season anymore and this tour really could have used the extra hype. We'll get a post tour DVD and it will probably be from this upcoming leg.

You might be right.

Rattle & Hum?

Personalli I would prefer if they didn't use the rose-bowl performance as the tour DVD, firstly because we've all already seen it, but also because I found it a little unispired compared to all the other 360 shows I've personally seen, don't get me wrong, it's good, but not great.

First of all hopefully they film another concert because the one at the Rose Bowl was nothing special. No Your Blue Room, Bad, Electrical Storm or I Will Follow!!! And to answer some other questions the Rose Bowl concert will not be a stand alone concert if released because, a) they have multiple cameras being used each night from other concerts and b) you can see in the clip below that Adam and Edge are filmed coming on stage at the Arizona gig...not to mention wearing the same clothes seen in the Rose Bowl concert.

U2 film every night, and especially before they film DVDs. Adam took a lot of heat for missing the "dress-rehearsal" recording the night before they filmed ZooTV Sydney, and as far as we know, none of that show made it onto the DVD. in fact, aside from U23D, which was clearly described as a compilation from a number of different shows in a number of different cities, the only other full concert U2 DVDs have been from the same city, and mostly from the same show. i would check your facts before trying to "answer" these questions.

Rattle & Hum?

Rattle & Hum never claimed to be a full concert video. we're talking about U2, Live at the Rose Bowl. the band made it very clear that this was the one show they were filming for a DVD release.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't need the Rose Bowl show, I've already seen it. I'd pefer them to bring out a different show on DVD, maybe one of the European shows. Maybe they'll film more footage on the 2010 leg of the tour and make a concert DVD out of that. Rose Bowl was good, but nothing special.

I was in the heart for the Rose Bowl show and had a blast, but I'd actually prefer it if they use a different show for the DVD. The band was good, but not at their best, that night. Montreal would be cool, since the crowds there are always insanely loud.

Its been pretty quiet on the DVD announcement front.

We had Vertigo Chicago right at the end of a leg of the tour if I am not mistaking(Dec 05).

I would certainly be fine with a show besides Rose Bowl getting released.

If only because it was quite possibly the weakest performance of TUF on 360. Wouldn't want one of the clear highlights of the tour to be poorly represented.

I still don't get why they didn't put it out in December, it would have been a quick buck from Christmas. I hope they make a new DVD this year, but I really want this one because it'll have Unknown Caller, which is unlikely to be seen again in 2010.

didnt bono say they were thrilled about the show....and was the reason they wrote 3 new songs right after it? so if they think its good....shouldnt we see it?

U2 film every night, and especially before they film DVDs. Adam took a lot of heat for missing the "dress-rehearsal" recording the night before they filmed ZooTV Sydney, and as far as we know, none of that show made it onto the DVD. in fact, aside from U23D, which was clearly described as a compilation from a number of different shows in a number of different cities, the only other full concert U2 DVDs have been from the same city, and mostly from the same show. i would check your facts before trying to "answer" these questions.

Rattle & Hum never claimed to be a full concert video. we're talking about U2, Live at the Rose Bowl. the band made it very clear that this was the one show they were filming for a DVD release.

My theory is simple...they have a crap load of footage they can use. In the end it was shown on YouTube for the world to see so they probably won't rush it. Anyway I have a feeling they might want to record at the new Meadowlands stadium in NY or that new Aviva in Dublin they're rumoured to play at.

U2 film every night, and especially before they film DVDs. Adam took a lot of heat for missing the "dress-rehearsal" recording the night before they filmed ZooTV Sydney, and as far as we know, none of that show made it onto the DVD.

That's because the pro-shot dress rehearsal was in Adelaide, eleven days prior. There were other, better reasons why Adam got flack for missing the gig, as I'm sure you know.

I was in the heart for the Rose Bowl show and had a blast, but I'd actually prefer it if they use a different show for the DVD. The band was good, but not at their best, that night. Montreal would be cool, since the crowds there are always insanely loud.

I think Montreal shows would make a wicked dvd :hyper:

Montreal loves U2. I agree...the shows would make an awesome DVD!!!:hyper::D

Rocco came out, talked to the crowd and pointed out the cameras BUT he only mentioned the filming was for YouTube. He didn't mention DVD. To me, that was giving them an 'out' if the filming didn't go as good as they'd like.

As mentioned, there were some technical difficulties. Might have been enough for them to say "well, lets film on or more later and pick the best of the lot".

There is the possibility that they could do like U2-3D and put out bits from a few different shows.

All in all, looks like we will have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom