rose bowl dvd....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up mine from Best Buy a while ago, the last 2-dvd set! Will watch tonight. Very nice photos in the booklet.

BTW, do we know what's on the vinyl?

Someone in the SOA/New Music thread has reported that it's an orange colored vinyl of the song "SOON", which was was formerly Kingdom of Your Love. Same song both sides, but so far no one actually has it and has listened to it I think.

Also I don't know why some people are unhappy with the Blu-ray. Mine looks incredible. The grainy parts mentioned are only some certain shots and seem to be intentional. By no means is the entire show like that. It's clear and excellent.

"Soon"?? I wish they would have just called it "Kingdom", however, soon enough we'll be able to hear the whole song?? :hyper::hyper: :drool:

We still don't have anyone who has actually said they have it and have listened to it. Only what the poster said in the other thread. They didn't say how they knew this though. :shrug:

I went into Sanity this morning and they are expecting it in todays delivery, so hopefully I'll get my hands on it this arvo :)

Went into my local leading edge at lunchtime and he said 9am tomorrow morning, it'll be here. He even went out the back to check. I might check JB on my way home incase, otherwise I'll watch it after the weekend.

My bluray is on the way but in the meantime I watched the cut-down version which went out on Sky HD. It is indeed very dark for much of it, but that's how the show happened. Picture and sound are crystal clear and very crisp indeed. Its actually strange hearing things so clearly compared to when you're there or listening to bootlegs.

One thing though and I'm not sure if this is just because I didn't have the sound up too loud, but there was a distinct lack of bass on the version I watched. As a result, some of the songs sounded a bit weak, but I'm hoping the retail one isn't like that.

I think the song will still be called Kingdom, it only starts with the words "Soon". Remember Gavin Friday on twitter: "Kingdom: Soon" :)

I can't play the vinyl but I hope it will surface sooner or later, can't wait to hear a full version of the song.

My bluray is on the way but in the meantime I watched the cut-down version which went out on Sky HD. It is indeed very dark for much of it, but that's how the show happened. Picture and sound are crystal clear and very crisp indeed. Its actually strange hearing things so clearly compared to when you're there or listening to bootlegs.

One thing though and I'm not sure if this is just because I didn't have the sound up too loud, but there was a distinct lack of bass on the version I watched. As a result, some of the songs sounded a bit weak, but I'm hoping the retail one isn't like that.

Ive got the audio rip on my computer from the DVD and everything is crystal clear. I to like you watched the broadcast and noticed things sounded a bit weak, especially since i listened to the audio rip before the broadcast. The sound is probably more clearer on my computer than my TV though, however i still want a full concert experience in my living room aswell.

I noticed that too, I think I mentioned it a while back on seeing the youtube vids from when it was shown in... (insert country name as I've forgotten).

Adam's bass is barely audible! You can see him playing but can't hear it. No idea who's decision it was to remove the good vibrations! :sad:

Especially evident during Crazy and MOS... From what little I've seen.

I watched most of the blu-ray tonight and I could hear Adam loud and clear. In fact I picked up the bass lines more clearly in this than anything else I can remember at the moment. :)

I watched most of the blu-ray tonight and I could hear Adam loud and clear. In fact I picked up the bass lines more clearly in this than anything else I can remember at the moment. :)

Same with me, and thats just through the sky broadcast, i couldnt hear his base at all on the COBL on the vertigo DVD, but can hear litreally every note he's hitting on the broadcast.

Just received the super deluxe box set. Yes, the vinyl includes "Soon" aka "Kingdom of your Love" on side A and B. Length: 2:05. That's all!

So the vinyl consists of just 2minutes of music?? That is ridiculous beyond belief.

I like that ''Kingdom'' is on the vinyl, I never thougt U2 will release a new song with this set (it's not totally new but you know what I mean)...

I get my super deluxe version tomorrow... but I'm not able to play the vinyl, is is someone able to get the sound of the vinyl on his/her computer or something, love to play it loud on my stereoset, soon :)

I like that ''Kingdom'' is on the vinyl, I never thougt U2 will release a new song with this set (it's not totally new but you know what I mean)...

I get my super deluxe version tomorrow... but I'm not able to play the vinyl, is is someone able to get the sound of the vinyl on his/her computer or something, love to play it loud on my stereoset, soon :)
:applaud:

Would like to put the back cover of "Soon" here. Don't know how it works. Otherwise I could send it to someone...

Just received the super deluxe box set. Yes, the vinyl includes "Soon" aka "Kingdom of your Love" on side A and B. Length: 2:05. That's all!

So it means the song isn't any longer than the version that was played as intro to the shows? That's a surprise. Still love the song, though.

off to bed, seems very strange that it would only be the 2 minutes...It was a fully formed song before NLOTH came out, and it just seems to fade out at an odd spot. I cant believe they would only write that little snippet and call it a song

It's a piece of cake if you have the right equiptment (USB turntable for example.)

Hope it appears 'soon'! :p

for those who've heard Soon.. has it been rerecorded? or is it literally the exact same 2 minutes of music I can get on youtube now.?

I'm hoping Larry rerecorded his drum part on a standard kit

Whaat? This is the lamest news.

I sure hope to go with the theory that "Soon" and "Kingdom" are two different/same songs being soon is just the opener and kingdom is the actual one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom