rose bowl dvd....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the Rose Bowl bowl show and thought it was great. No Bono's voice wasn't perfect for every song but the energy was there.

IMO, they should film a European show and put it out. They have released enough from the U.S.

IMO, they should film a European show and put it out. They have released enough from the U.S.

I see no reason why they can't release both. They could do the "official release" either from the Rose Bowl or somewhere in Europe, and then do the other release as part of SOA or whatever the upcoming project is, assuming there is one.

I don't think anyone is or should be keeping score of "who gets what" though. The only thing i care about is they keep it an outdoor venue. This show was made for outdoor stadiums.

My guess is, if we were going to see the Rose Bowl DVD, we would have already seen it... You don't release music DVDs outside of the Christmas season anymore and this tour really could have used the extra hype. We'll get a post tour DVD and it will probably be from this upcoming leg.

This.

Also, the show was kind of...weird.

maybe they could do Sydney, Slane, or Mexico City instead? :sexywink:
You know, I'd love to see one of the European concerts on DVD because I think they are simply great, an energetic and enthusiastic crowd..imho, any of these concerts you've mentioned is much better than any US U2 DVD release..and if U2 plan to tour South America sometime in 2010, I think this would be nice too. :)

My guess is, if we were going to see the Rose Bowl DVD, we would have already seen it... You don't release music DVDs outside of the Christmas season anymore and this tour really could have used the extra hype. We'll get a post tour DVD and it will probably be from this upcoming leg.

You are pretty accurate. I was hoping X-mas 2009 but now we have to wait. If they are smart, they'll release it prior to the next leg to generate interest for the tix that haven't sold!!!! Or maybe the footage sucked and they'll re-record next leg for an X-mas 2010 release!

OR does that mean? Spring 2010?

You know, I'd love to see one of the European concerts on DVD because I think they are simply great, an energetic and enthusiastic crowd . . .

I'm not sure if you were there or not, but Rose Bowl was most definitely an energetic and enthusiastic crowd . . . in fact, one of the most energetic and enthusiastic stadiums crowds of any U2 stadium tour I've been to, dating back to ZOO TV.

If anything was off about Rose Bowl, it was the band; they seemed a little stiff, self-conscious and very cognizant that they were being filmed and broadcast all around the world.

And my little rant to all those who expressed the sentiment I don't need a Rose Bowl dvd, I've already seen it:

A) Perhaps U2 isn't solely releasing a DVD for you diehard fans who watched a subpar quality YouTube stream 508 times throughout November '09; and

B) Maybe the thing to focus on here is getting a high-quality audio/video, Blu-Ray version of our favorite band on a great tour.

/rant

B) Maybe the thing to focus on here is getting a high-quality audio/video, Blu-Ray version of our favorite band on a great tour.

/rant

Valid point. Plus picture shots of the Claw and the band on stage with a 50 inch screen and 1080 picture to go with that. Nice, huh? :drool:

I think they should have filmed Wembley or Giants Stadium, double nights for their typical perfectionism, record crowds at famous venues, great energy. Oh well. I wish we got a 2009 NLOTH era DVD of the tour and one for 2010, last year presumably this was the plan and have the 2010 DVD show the SOA side of things, but that's probably DOA nowadays anyway, so they might as well be perfectionist about this single DVD release as well.

I'm not sure if you were there or not, but Rose Bowl was most definitely an energetic and enthusiastic crowd . . . in fact, one of the most energetic and enthusiastic stadiums crowds of any U2 stadium tour I've been to, dating back to ZOO TV.

A) Perhaps U2 isn't solely releasing a DVD for you diehard fans who watched a subpar quality YouTube stream 508 times throughout November '09; and

/rant

I agree. I don't understand all the complaints. Seems like the complaints have been around since the announcement!
That was one of the best pit experiences for me and several of my friends, and I'm not just saying that because I'm from here. I hope you're right about them working on getting it just right.
Even if they chose another location shoot, SOMEone will be bitching anyway, so ... I'll be more than thrilled to see a polished version of the iconic Rose Bowl to see on my tv

I think they should have filmed Wembley or Giants Stadium, double nights for their typical perfectionism, record crowds at famous venues, great energy. Oh well. I wish we got a 2009 NLOTH era DVD of the tour and one for 2010, last year presumably this was the plan and have the 2010 DVD show the SOA side of things, but that's probably DOA nowadays anyway, so they might as well be perfectionist about this single DVD release as well.

the rose bowl is a fairly historic and famous venue.

There is no way this would have been released in time for Christmas 2009. The show was 10/25/09. To get it out, it would have needed to be imediately mixed and mastered, and rushed into stores in time for Thanksgiving 4 weeks after the show.

U2 doesn't normally work like that.

If anything was off about Rose Bowl, it was the band; they seemed a little stiff, self-conscious and very cognizant that they were being filmed and broadcast all around the world.

And my little rant to all those who expressed the sentiment I don't need a Rose Bowl dvd, I've already seen it:

/rant

:up:

There is no way this would have been released in time for Christmas 2009. The show was 10/25/09. To get it out, it would have needed to be imediately mixed and mastered, and rushed into stores in time for Thanksgiving 4 weeks after the show.

U2 doesn't normally work like that.

U2 may not "normally" work like that, but it could easily be done. Mastering a live show like this is much easier than mastering an album. Business wise, which we all know U2 is pretty good at, it would have made the most sense.

And if you were in Pasadena, you'd know that they crowd there was 'in to the show' and great too.

I wasn't talking about Rose Bowl there, because I have already admitted that I loved the crowd on that show!

But Ms. Garrisson had to bring up past dvds. Well sorry but comparing the ROTW dvds to the US ones I still see the US ones as a dead crowd. But I realise that most US people won't accept this POV and will fight me to death over this. I know. I'm sick of the discussion. But it just keeps happening and I'm guilty of being one part of it.

/rant

You said everything I would but much better. I thought the crowd was great, and I cannot wait for this to be released. I hope that the 3/31 rumor is true. I need a U2 show on Blu-Ray :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom