Rock Band and U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astepcloser24

The Fly
Sorry if this topic has already been discussed or if it's floating around somewhere on the board... Do you think U2 would ever consider putting out their own version of Rock Band, like the Beatles? They've already put their names into Blackberry, into the iPod... why not Rock Band too?

Sadly I think they probably would/will. But I hope they don't.

I hope they do - if done right. The Beatles Rock Band is nothing short of a tribute to the band: structured to tell their story, photographs captioned with behind the scenes facts, and rare recordings as bonuses. Imagine something similar with U2. A proper treatment of the band would require a live component on top of studio material, with live versions of songs and the band playing in their most famous/ambitious settings (Zoo TV, etc...). This would be amazing.

Plus, personally, I've discovered a bunch of songs through Rock Band that I wouldn't have gotten into otherwise. So I'm thinking casual fans might learn about some of the lesser known songs in the catalog.

I don't think U2 deserve their own game really, I mean game as in Beatles Rock Band style game because the band isn't finished yet, I'd much rather they just got a large track pack release like AC/DC did a couple of dozen songs that can be exported to the main game

I seriously hope they don't sign with Guitar Hero though, that'd just be an awful game 20 U2 songs and 50 songs by other artists who no one cares about

While playing The Fly in ZooTV with Edge's falsetto chorus on a separate vocal track from Bono's vocals would be epic, I'd rather not see this happen, in the end.

While playing The Fly in ZooTV with Edge's falsetto chorus on a separate vocal track from Bono's vocals would be epic, I'd rather not see this happen, in the end.

Are you against the idea of U2 having their own game or them being in it at all?

I'm against the idea of U2 cheapening their music down to the level of Rock Band at all.
I used to ride the "hey I'm a musician and I'm too good for this crap" wave and then you realize that it's a frigging reaction-based videogame; a super-advanced version of Simon.

Lighten up.

Beatles Rock Band is really a great tribute to not just the music of the Beatles, but to their legacy. I was against it and then I saw it in motion. If a videogame can get this generation singing along to the Beatles, I'd be hapy to see U2 get that exposure to the Auto-Tune-tuned crowd.

I don't like The Beatles, so Rock Band didn't help or hurt my image of them.

I don't like The Beatles, so Rock Band didn't help or hurt my image of them.

That doesn't explain how it cheapens a band's image though, I mean so many bands are already in it, even the "we don't want to be popular" Pearl Jam released two albums for it

I don't really care for the Guitar Hero/Rock Band etc. kinda games, it's not an OH MY GOD WHY DON'T YOU JUST PLAY THE FUCKING REAL THING deal, I just think they're fun for a few rounds with some mates after you've had a few and that's about it.

I'd rather U2 considered a connection with the next Gears of War instead.

I play Rock Band with the kids I babysit for...

They got Rock Band Beatles and I was like in Heaven for a soild 2 hours.

But I don't think U2 should have a Rock Band...

I hope they do - if done right. The Beatles Rock Band is nothing short of a tribute to the band: structured to tell their story, photographs captioned with behind the scenes facts, and rare recordings as bonuses. Imagine something similar with U2. A proper treatment of the band would require a live component on top of studio material, with live versions of songs and the band playing in their most famous/ambitious settings (Zoo TV, etc...). This would be amazing.
:drool::drool::drool:
Make this happen. MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

I think a U2 Guitar Hero/Rock Band would be great. I've wanted it ever since I started playing these dang things years ago. Who cares if some of the songs would be too easy. It would be U2 music! :drool:

Plus every time a song was loading, it would give time for Bono to get a speech in, everybody wins!

I wish they would. Rock Band is fun ... I like doing the drums, since I can't play drums for shite in real life. And I would actually do the vocals for U2 :D

I wish they would. Rock Band is fun ... I like doing the drums, since I can't play drums for shite in real life. And I would actually do the vocals for U2 :D

Aww, me too! I'd actually know all of the words to these songs! :lol:
They should put totally obscure songs on there...how bout the demo version of Twilight? :shifty: Who'd sing that one? :wink:

Any word on U2 Rock Band ?

I know there were rumors for a while..now considering the band has been losing a lot of money from the tour. Perhaps now would be a good time?

When did the band lose a lot of money?

I don't think Money would be reason to connect yourself to a game like this.

Guitar Hero U2 > Rock band U2. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom