Rihanna wants U2 duet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fna692002

The Fly
From atu2.com. if already posted please delete.

Rihanna wants to stand under Bono's Umbrella and record a duet with the U2 frontman.

The 20-year-old has set up a meeting with Bono, 48, to discuss working together.

And she was thrilled to discover the Dubliner is a huge fan of her catchy tunes and will clear his diary to hang out with her when they hit the States for the Grammy Awards.

A pal of Rihanna's revealed: "She has always been a big fan of U2 and she told her record company she'd love to work with Bono.

"It turns out that he is a big fan of hers too and when he told his kids he was going to meet Rihanna they were really excited. All his kids are big fans. So they are going to get together at the Grammys on Sunday night and hang out and party. They will have a chat about setting a formal date to the studios together and see what they can come up with.

"It would be great for Bono to reach out to a younger market through Rihanna and everyone thinks they would make a great team."

Rihanna was a complete unknown when U2's last album was out. She shot to stardom three years ago with her debut hit "Pon De Replay."

She also notched up No. 1 anthems with "SOS," "Unfaithful," "Umbrella," "Shut Up and Drive" and "Disturbia."

The Grammys will attract an all-star line up of big names with U2 and Rihanna joined by performances from Kid Rock, Kanye West, Jay-Z, T.I., Katy Perry and Justin Timberlake.

U2 are set to embark on a massive publicity tour to promote their new album No Line on the Horizon which is released next month.

They will then announce plans for a world tour which will include three live shows at Croke Park and a stadium tour of America.

A source close to Bono revealed: "They are going to have a crazy year -- they are busier and more popular than ever.

"But it looks like they will be making time to record with Rihanna and get a single out with her.

"The way things are going she could even pop up on their tour for a song or two."

It would be great for Bono to reach out to a younger market through Rihanna and everyone thinks they would make a great team. They're going to meet soon."

© The Mirror, 2009.

Just another move to make U2 look "hip" to the young crowd. I remember in 06 when they threw Saints on the U218 comp just to hook the young crowd in to purchasing it because of Green Day's involvment. I can see it now "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - Will I Am Remix featuring Rihanna".

haha I don't really have much issue with Rihanna...big woop. If it goes down I can dig it.

:|

It's possible.

omgix9om1.gif

Rihanna duetting with U2...well we always needed something to make Elvis Ate America look good...

I like Elvis Ate America. :reject:

Actually, I love Passengers in general. EAA's probably the worst track on it... but I love the whole album.

Say what you want, but I like this.

Horrible news.

Bono, go ahead and do this but keep U2 out of it. Should just be a Rhianna Feat. Bono song or something. Jeez, first Green Day now this? Who's producing Timbaland?

:doh:

The duet with Green Day was awesome. The only bad thing is that it was a cover. I only can wonder what these two brillant bands would produce together.

I just looked at this thread again, and thought it said "Rihanna wants U2 duel".

The duet with Green Day was awesome. The only bad thing is that it was a cover. I only can wonder what these two brillant bands would produce together.

A 9 minute epic like Jesus Of Surburbia. Think of all the twists and turns and tradeoffs they could come up with :drool::drool::drool::drool:.

Rihanna is a pretty amazing pop star. I know that's a bad word around here, but she actually chooses interesting songs...

If it happens I'll be interested.:up:

A pretty predictable response to this in here....the elitism continues...if Bono records a duet with anybody half his age the world is over....if its good its good if its not its not but I dont see a problem with giving it a shot.

I actually think this is pretty cool. I enjoy it when they (or Bono) do a duet that my sister and I can both enjoy.

I would be much more tolerable of Rihanna if I didn't have to hear her songs on the radio/television/etc every time they're turned on. WAY too overplayed. I liked SOS though. If she wants to do something with the band, cool, more U2 is good U2. But seriously, come on you're not an "elitist" if you think Rihanna is not up to the level of U2, the girl made a fucking song to the Numa Numa Dance music by that Euro boy band. So I can understand any trepidation some fans may have with a potential collaboration.

:bonodrum: "MIIIYAAA-HEEE, MIIIYAAA-HOOO!" :bonodrum:

Rihanna is fucking awesome. I :heart: her....

Two of the best songs of '08 had something to do with Rihanna: Distubia and Live Your Life.

Do it U2! She's awesome.....would help bury the Moment of Shame with mary J Bulging Bludger

Back
Top Bottom